+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 34 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackEyedPea View Post
    Ok, absolutely, I get that.

But most of the people against in in this thread have given no good reason why... Of course there is going to be exceptions and I doubt anyone at all would dispute that. In the examples you gave, they are very good reasons not to vaccinate and are not 'grey areas' at all! But the vast majority of people can and should.

But like I said, no-one haere bar one or two people have given good reason not to vaccinate apart from they simply choose not to.
    My bold..

I think it's comments like this that put people on the defensive. Is it really up to you to decide whether someone's reason is good enough?

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to OurLittleBlessing For This Useful Post:

Ffrenchknickers  (13-07-2012),headoverfeet  (13-07-2012),Lillynix  (13-07-2012),lones  (13-07-2012),Stiflers Mom  (13-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SassyMummy View Post
    I think everyone needs to get over themselves.

People vaccinate or they don't. Stop stressing about it. Even a vaccinated child can contract something they're not supposed to... so even if all children are vaccinated, you're still potentially at risk. And how many adults are vaccinated? I got hte MMR when DD was a baby, but nothing since. I wouldn't even know what I am supposed to be vaccinated against tbh.

There's also plenty a little baby can get which there are no vaccinations to prevent. So honestly, if you're that worried about catching something, it's probably better you and your entire family become hermits anyway.
    What are you talking about

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Alimia For This Useful Post:

beebs  (13-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    But like I said, no-one haere bar one or two people have given good reason not to vaccinate apart from they simply choose not to.
    So, because we haven't all wanted to go into our very personal reasons here on this thread, you are assuming we 'just don't want to'? I got over sharing my reasons here on Bubhub a LONG time ago, they are very personal and the decision was heartwrenching and I got so over people telling me they weren't good enough because they think/believe differently. Most people put alot of thought into these things, don't assume otherwise.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ffrenchknickers For This Useful Post:

Lillynix  (13-07-2012),lones  (13-07-2012),MissMuppet  (13-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Im up to date and I have very strong opinions against people who don't vax. I was also that annoying person who when pregnant made my mother, father, two sisters, brother in law, partner, partners parents, partners brother, two close friends visiting the baby and godparents all get boosters.

Literally.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Lilahh For This Useful Post:

beebs  (13-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I only bothered to read the OP... and was responding to that. I've been around long enough to assume where this thread would go... and by the looks of it, my guess was right.

I have no issues with people being passionate about their reasons for vaccinating or not. I just have a problem with people calling others selfish and thinking that other people have the responsibility to protect YOUR children. No, they don't. Not if they think they have to harm their own to do it, anyway.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SassyMummy For This Useful Post:

lones  (13-07-2012),Squeegee  (13-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    What? Where? This just isn't true.

I'm (obviously) interested in the discussion and passionate about it, but I would never name-call someone who had good or even somewhat good reasons not to vaccinate! And no-one here has.

Im sorry, but if people have valid arguments and good points then they should bring them into the discussion rather than finally bring it up after 15 thousand pages of people throwing personal attacks at other peoples valid reasons!

My valid argument and good point is I believe each child should be individually assessed based on family history, current health and risk factors and luckily I can do that in this country,

I classify my family as a low risk , no daycare, no working in environments of sick people etc, my neice had a bad reaction to her 12 months vaccines and yes it scared us, my MIL is a naturopath , we are an additive and preservative free organic family, we all take pro biotics and vitamins daily, we are extremely aware of our sons health and take it very seriously

until science shows me a recent study proving all 29 vaccines recommended in the current NSW schedule for babies under 18 months will have no short or long term side effects on my son ( no , I know there are studies on individual vaccines but none on all of them combined ) I will stick to the very well planned delayed vaccine schedule that my GP, Paed, naturopath and myself have made

Attack away, Im a big girl, I can handle it

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

beebs  (13-07-2012),lones  (13-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I only bothered to read the OP... and was responding to that. I've been around long enough to assume where this thread would go... and by the looks of it, my guess was right.

I have no issues with people being passionate about their reasons for vaccinating or not. I just have a problem with people calling others selfish and thinking that other people have the responsibility to protect YOUR children. No, they don't. Not if they think they have to harm their own to do it, anyway.
    Opposed to killing a child with a preventable disease?? I will never understand!! Oh well.........

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Alimia For This Useful Post:

Maybelline  (15-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilahh View Post
    Im up to date and I have very strong opinions against people who don't vax. I was also that annoying person who when pregnant made my mother, father, two sisters, brother in law, partner, partners parents, partners brother, two close friends visiting the baby and godparents all get boosters.

Literally.
    I am amazed at this. I vaccinate, but I would never, and I mean NEVER push someone else into doing so. Wow, I don't know what else to say about that.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to OurLittleBlessing For This Useful Post:

Annabella  (13-07-2012),Ffrenchknickers  (13-07-2012),lones  (13-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

I believe in the greater good, not just the individual. I am absolutely reponsible for keeping others children safe, by obeying speed limits and keeping my infectious child home from school and paying tax to help a welfare system. I put vaccinating my child in exactly the same category.

People who disregard speed limits, send infectious children to school, avert the taxation system and refuse to vaccinate their child are displaying selfish, antis-social behaviour,

Lets not get hysterical ladies. That's hardly "name-calling." My opinion is that behaviour is terribly selfish, I am more then entitled to call it that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Refresh View Post
    So, because we haven't all wanted to go into our very personal reasons here on this thread, you are assuming we 'just don't want to'? I got over sharing my reasons here on Bubhub a LONG time ago, they are very personal and the decision was heartwrenching and I got so over people telling me they weren't good enough because they think/believe differently. Most people put alot of thought into these things, don't assume otherwise.
    Then why enter a thread where it's bring discussed? If you don't want to discuss it??