+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 34 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I think you'll find that there are very few actual non-medical non-vaxxers on BH. Most seem to be delaying, so I think we can stop with all the hand wringing now.

Has it ever been polled?

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stiflers Mom For This Useful Post:

Littlemissmetal  (13-07-2012),MissMuppet  (13-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackEyedPea View Post
    Ok, absolutely, I get that.

But most of the people against in in this thread have given no good reason why... Of course there is going to be exceptions and I doubt anyone at all would dispute that. In the examples you gave, they are very good reasons not to vaccinate and are not 'grey areas' at all! But the vast majority of people can and should.

But like I said, no-one haere bar one or two people have given good reason not to vaccinate apart from they simply choose not to.
    Many have not disclosed the reasons because even if there is a medical reason there is name calling and insults.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to share a book For This Useful Post:

Izy  (14-07-2012),lones  (13-07-2012),MissMuppet  (13-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I think everyone needs to get over themselves.

People vaccinate or they don't. Stop stressing about it. Even a vaccinated child can contract something they're not supposed to... so even if all children are vaccinated, you're still potentially at risk. And how many adults are vaccinated? I got hte MMR when DD was a baby, but nothing since. I wouldn't even know what I am supposed to be vaccinated against tbh.

There's also plenty a little baby can get which there are no vaccinations to prevent. So honestly, if you're that worried about catching something, it's probably better you and your entire family become hermits anyway.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SassyMummy For This Useful Post:

delirium  (13-07-2012),Izy  (14-07-2012),lones  (13-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SassyMummy View Post
    I think everyone needs to get over themselves.

People vaccinate or they don't. Stop stressing about it. Even a vaccinated child can contract something they're not supposed to... so even if all children are vaccinated, you're still potentially at risk. And how many adults are vaccinated? I got hte MMR when DD was a baby, but nothing since. I wouldn't even know what I am supposed to be vaccinated against tbh.

There's also plenty a little baby can get which there are no vaccinations to prevent. So honestly, if you're that worried about catching something, it's probably better you and your entire family become hermits anyway.
    Not sure why you posted that.. at all.. you either vaccinate or you don't.. true.. that's what the thread is about.. people debating those issues.. you might not care but plenty of people do care about vaccinations and like to discuss it. People aren't going to "just get over it"..

Sent from my HTC Desire S using BubHub

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bumMum For This Useful Post:

Alimia  (13-07-2012),Atropos  (13-07-2012),beebs  (13-07-2012),Maybelline  (15-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I get where Sassy is coming from... What is discussing it on here going to do? Not much

***Sent from my phone***

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by share a book View Post
    Many have not disclosed the reasons because even if there is a medical reason there is name calling and insults.
    What? Where? This just isn't true.

I'm (obviously) interested in the discussion and passionate about it, but I would never name-call someone who had good or even somewhat good reasons not to vaccinate! And no-one here has.

Im sorry, but if people have valid arguments and good points then they should bring them into the discussion rather than finally bring it up after 15 thousand pages of people throwing personal attacks at other peoples valid reasons!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Ellewood For This Useful Post:

beebs  (13-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

I'm (obviously) interested in the discussion and passionate about it, but I would never name-call someone who had good or even somewhat good reasons not to vaccinate! And no-one here has.

Im sorry, but if people have valid arguments and good points then they should bring them into the discussion rather than finally bring it up after 15 thousand pages of people throwing personal attacks at other peoples valid reasons!
    Actually it is true. This is not the only thread in existence. I have been on the receiving end.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to share a book For This Useful Post:

Happy2be3  (13-07-2012)

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week

So you base your decision to call people names on whether in your opinion that persons reason is good enough? And you wonder why no one wants to post their reasons

Eta this whole 'tell me why you don't vaccinate' vibe reaks of entitlement. Maybe if people were polite (see deliriums posts as an example) more people would be willing to speak up.
    Last edited by headoverfeet; 13-07-2012 at 13:37.

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to headoverfeet For This Useful Post:

Ffrenchknickers  (13-07-2012),Lillynix  (13-07-2012),lones  (13-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Thermolicious View Post
    So you base your decision to call people names on whether in your opinion that persons reason is good enough? And you wonder why no one wants to post their reasons

Eta this whole 'tell me why you don't vaccinate' vibe reaks of entitlement. Maybe if people were polite (see deliriums posts as an example) more people would be willing to speak up.
    Wtf??

Firstly, I wasn't name calling anyone

Secondly, I have only responded to posts I've read on this thread, not on stuff I haven't read! I'm not a mind-reader!

This is silly, I'm allowed and have a right to respond to the personal attacks others (and not me!) brought into the discussion.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Ellewood For This Useful Post:

beebs  (13-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Personal attacks suck, and often cause people to stop being open about their reasons. I realise it goes both ways and it sucks both ways.

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to share a book For This Useful Post:

beebs  (13-07-2012),Ffrenchknickers  (13-07-2012),lones  (13-07-2012)