+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 34 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Thermolicious View Post
    I know, I know
    not all pro vaxxers are hateful towards those that don't vaxx. Except for the window when my kids are newborns (and I will keep them away from the non vaxxed - both children and adults) I believe in herd immunity and the power of innoculation. So I couldn't give a damn about my kids playing with unvaxxed kids. I believe they work, either to completely prevent or ensure only a light dose of the illness.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to delirium For This Useful Post:

bumMum  (13-07-2012),Ffrenchknickers  (13-07-2012),MissMuppet  (13-07-2012)

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    not all pro vaxxers are hateful towards those that don't vaxx. Except for the window when my kids are newborns (and I will keep them away from the non vaxxed - both children and adults) I believe in herd immunity and the power of innoculation. So I couldn't give a damn about my kids playing with unvaxxed kids. I believe they work, either to completely prevent or ensure only a light dose of the illness.
    I know they aren't not one of my friends are non-vaxxers

Thanks
    Reviews
    I got hand foot and mouth disease when my DD got it at 8 months old, it is supposed to be mild but in my experience it was awful, I had to leave my DD with a distant relative I had never met for a day as I was unable to function I was so ill and my DH and MIL were away, so it's not always 'mild'

I also want to add I have an auto immune disease and had no vaccinations as a child, I suffered many of the childhood illnesses including mumps

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilahh View Post
    It's not just about the safety of your child. It's about the safety of all children. Non-vaxxers completley disregard the safety of other children.

In direct reply to the OP, Im speechless at the selfishness.
    Non vaxxers are everywhere! Teachers probably aren't vaccinated up to scratch. The Coles checkout operator. The music teacher your kids get lessons from. The sports coach person. The burden of "herd immunity" should not be placed squarely on the shoulders of the very young.

I just don't understand why newborn babies are now expected to be jabbed with hepatitis B. Why not at-risk adults? Wouldn't that stop the spread? Is it because it's more difficult to force independent adults to be vaccinated? I just don't know.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BornToBe For This Useful Post:

Annabella  (13-07-2012),Stiflers Mom  (13-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I cannot help but wonder how many of the people in here who attack/are angry at non vaxxers are actually up to date themselves with all vaccinations and boosters........

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MsTruth For This Useful Post:

Annabella  (13-07-2012),BabushkaMumma  (13-07-2012),lones  (13-07-2012),majo  (13-07-2012),onionskin  (13-07-2012),Stiflers Mom  (13-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    If your kids are vaccinated would it matter whether they are around unvaccinaed children? Genuine question, I just assume because my DD is vaccinated she's incredibly unlikely to contract anything from an unvaxxed kid..

I personally don't understand the reason for not vaccinating, but I believe each to their own.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    For some with serious illness they cannot vax..so they rely on us to be vaxed to help protect them..herd immunity...

what would happen if we all didn't vax?

http://www.abc.net.au/catalyst/stories/3505097.htm

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Maybelline For This Useful Post:

beebs  (13-07-2012),Ellewood  (13-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm baffled my some of these responses....

And I don't get it. Why would you be happy to vaccinate your child for one or some of the vaccines, but not the others as reccommended by the dep of health??

It's as if the attitude is 'well, we don't have a high prevalence of such and such disease in this country, so I won't vaccinate my child with that vaccine... but whooping cough oooh that's a nasty one so I'll just get the WC vaccine'. But the reason we don't have high prevalence of these other diseases in this country is because of the availability of the vaccines!

It's as if the attitude of people who refuse to vaccinate is 'as long as my immediate family is fine then **** everyone else'.

Do you thiunk I enjoyed having my baby boy vaccinated? He had those needles in both legs and cried his little eyes out when those needles went in, and I cried too seeing him in pain (even though it was only for a minute). I didn't enjoy it one bit and either did he, but we went back for our 6 month, 12 and 18 month ones because I am community minded and know that herd immunity keeps our children alive.

It is my responsibility as a parent to care for my child, but it is also my responsiblity as a member of the community to do what is best for the community as a whole, whether I like it or not!

Being paranoid about the what ifs is not practical or wise IMO.... There are what-ifs with everything in life... what we eat, what we're exposed to in the environment, how we travel, what we use, etc etc

Autonimy is only appropriate when our decisions don't directly effect the health of others (ie. abortion, diet etc).

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ellewood For This Useful Post:

beebs  (13-07-2012),Maybelline  (13-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilahh View Post
    It's not just about the safety of your child. It's about the safety of all children. Non-vaxxers completley disregard the safety of other children.

In direct reply to the OP, Im speechless at the selfishness.
    Come on, let's be honest here- most people who vaccinate do so because they believe it will protect THEIR children from disease, it's not for the greater good! Stop trying to make out vaxing parents are martyrs for the poor unvaxed kids of selfish, irresponsible parents!

15. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Annabella For This Useful Post:

BabushkaMumma  (13-07-2012),Elijahs Mum  (13-07-2012),Ffrenchknickers  (13-07-2012),lones  (13-07-2012),majo  (13-07-2012),MsTruth  (13-07-2012),Stiflers Mom  (13-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Well, it WAS going ok...

17. The Following User Says Thank You to share a book For This Useful Post:

headoverfeet  (13-07-2012)