+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 34 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    Because we have bodily autonomy I suppose, and if they mad vaccinations compulsory it would be a slippery slope. That is just speculation on my part.

Also as we know there are very occasionally severe side effects from a vaccine, I suppose if it were compulsory the government would have to pay damages?

Like they do in USA

BabushkaMumma is offline Mothering with my whole heart as thats what my girls have given me.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh my. Out come the autism, Jenna and AVN generalisations. I wish i could insert the face with the rolling eyes right about *here* but don't know how to do it on my phone.

Like PPs said, if I went to a nation where children were dying from vaxx preventable diseases, I would certainly be getting the Vaxx - *if* I was living there.

In those settings, vaccinations save lives and I'm glad programs are in place to stop the spread of these fast moving diseases. I feel the different environmental factors in comparison to 1st World nations such as movement of people, vaxx rates, living standards, general health and hygiene (don't worry - I'm not using hygiene as a reason for the improved disease rates - but we certainly have it better here than there) play a huge part in spreading the disease, and I feel that we are miles ahead of these nations in these factors.

I have a few reasons why I don't vaxx and I'm not going to go into them all but believe me, my sources do NOT come from the AVN. But one of my main ones is as a consumer of a health product - why can't I go into a Dr's office and develop a plan of individual shots at times of my selection? Why couldn't I request JUST the WC shot at 6 weeks? Why when we take any other type of medication an individual prescription is made for just that patient but I have to accept a one size fits all solution when I have concerns over the relevancy (small example only - polio) of those vax? That irks me.

3. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to BabushkaMumma For This Useful Post:

Annabella  (12-07-2012),anonyme  (12-07-2012),Ffrenchknickers  (12-07-2012),headoverfeet  (12-07-2012),Izy  (14-07-2012),Lillynix  (12-07-2012),lones  (13-07-2012),Me&MrMagoo  (12-07-2012),MsTruth  (12-07-2012),onionskin  (12-07-2012),Squeegee  (13-07-2012),Stiflers Mom  (12-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I gave my reasons over and over years ago and wont do it anymore, sorry. I don't have the energy to justify our decisons, etc anymore. Things that are important to us just aren't important to other people and vice versa and alot of people seem to have a hard time accepting that. Links of mine were package inserts, ingredients, origins of vaccines and things like that.
    Last edited by Ffrenchknickers; 12-07-2012 at 18:28.

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ffrenchknickers For This Useful Post:

BabushkaMumma  (12-07-2012),headoverfeet  (12-07-2012),lones  (13-07-2012),Squeegee  (13-07-2012)

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Refresh View Post
    Things that are important to us just aren't important to other people and vice versa and alot of people seem to have a hard time accepting that.
    This. At the end of the day I'm making an informed choice about my child's health (yes informed) I have never googled vaccine information, I had never looked at the avn website (I did a few weeks ago because of the constant avn references pro vaccine people make here on Bubhub, so I did out of interest) I got my information from the horses mouth- the central immunization clinic in my city. Did they tell me not to vaccinate? No. But they did speak to me about the pros and cons and I made my own choice for my family from there. Now I don't really care if you don't think I made the right choice or if you think I should not be able to make that choice or if you think I am selfish for not vaccinating my children at the end of the day it'smy legal rightas my children's mother to do so.

7. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to headoverfeet For This Useful Post:

BabushkaMumma  (12-07-2012),Ffrenchknickers  (12-07-2012),Lillynix  (12-07-2012),lones  (13-07-2012),Me&MrMagoo  (12-07-2012),onionskin  (12-07-2012),Squeegee  (13-07-2012),Stiflers Mom  (12-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I read a few articles for and against vaxxing and I talked to two doctors, who had opposing opinions but when deciding not to give my son the MMR and chicken pox (he had the others) I simply went with my gut feeling.

If I could have separated the MMR I would have gone with that option but as it was not made available to me I elected not to give it to him.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to MsTruth For This Useful Post:

Stiflers Mom  (12-07-2012)

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by louellyn View Post
    I read a few articles for and against vaxxing and I talked to two doctors, who had opposing opinions but when deciding not to give my son the MMR and chicken pox (he had the others) I simply went with my gut feeling.

If I could have separated the MMR I would have gone with that option but as it was not made available to me I elected not to give it to him.
    I had this problem with DS1 who was vaccinated to schedule until his 12mth (18mth??) MMR was due..sorry feeding the baby and can't get up to check his book, it was the first MMR vaccination. When the doctor said they couldn't separate it he referred me to the CIC and I went from there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Thermolicious View Post
    I had this problem with DS1 who was vaccinated to schedule until his 12mth (18mth??) MMR was due..sorry feeding the baby and can't get up to check his book, it was the first MMR vaccination. When the doctor said they couldn't separate it he referred me to the CIC and I went from there.
    Me too. I follow the schedule up to 12 months and have chosen to delay/possibly not have at all the MMR.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Ah the good ol' vaxx debate lol look I support parents right 100% to not vaxx. I delayed my son's vaxxes until 6 months bc he had severe reflux. So I understand the delayed/selective vaxxing debate and why.

As a pro vaxxer, I believe herd immunity means those that don't wish to, are *generally* covered. Many of the non vaxxers I know have done lots of research and while I don't agree with their assessment, it's their assessment. I will however say, that I do kind of understand why many people are worried about their newborns. My kids are fully vaxxed, I believe, overall, that vaxxes do work, so I know my 7yo will only get a mild dose, if at all.

But I think anti vaxxers have to understand the fear for our newborns who aren't fully vaxxed yet. I don't think this is an attack on your decision, but worry for our babies.

Quote Originally Posted by Milktini View Post
    Why is it that a vaccinating parent doesn't have to justify their decisions to vax where as a non vaccinating parent has to come in armed with all amounts of extensive research, links, books etc. they have done and have it on hand to anyone that questions their choice? How is that any of your business?
    I think bc vaxxing a child, even with side effects, only effects the child. Not vaxxing can effect everyone.

and as a side question, and a genuine one.... what is with the WC that people don't like? my kids are 7 and 5 so I can't remember what's with the WC vaxx lol

I would like to see the option of stand alone vaxxes so people an pick and choose, bc WC scares the crap out of me, more than any other communicable illness.

Thanks
    Reviews
    As much as I agree with the selfishness of not vaccinating kids.. adult vaccinations aren't up to date either nor are they pushed or even suggested sometimes!! I never even realised immunity from vaccines ran out until I started having kids.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Renesme For This Useful Post:

beebs  (12-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by delirium View Post
    Ah the good ol' vaxx debate lol look I support parents right 100% to not vaxx. I delayed my son's vaxxes until 6 months bc he had severe reflux. So I understand the delayed/selective vaxxing debate and why.

As a pro vaxxer, I believe herd immunity means those that don't wish to, are *generally* covered. Many of the non vaxxers I know have done lots of research and while I don't agree with their assessment, it's their assessment. I will however say, that I do kind of understand why many people are worried about their newborns. My kids are fully vaxxed, I believe, overall, that vaxxes do work, so I know my 7yo will only get a mild dose, if at all.

But I think anti vaxxers have to understand the fear for our newborns who aren't fully vaxxed yet. I don't think this is an attack on your decision, but worry for our babies.

I think bc vaxxing a child, even with side effects, only effects the child. Not vaxxing can effect everyone.

and as a side question, and a genuine one.... what is with the WC that people don't like? my kids are 7 and 5 so I can't remember what's with the WC vaxx lol

I would like to see the option of stand alone vaxxes so people an pick and choose, bc WC scares the crap out of me, more than any other communicable illness.
    I think with pertussis, it's more a case that if it were available on its own, more otherwise non vaxxers would choose to do that one because they deem the risk of the disease quite high. BUt because it with diptheria and tetanus, they choose not to do it.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ffrenchknickers For This Useful Post:

Annabella  (12-07-2012),BabushkaMumma  (12-07-2012),lones  (13-07-2012)