+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Who can feel their uterus?

I'm 11+1 and I've been feeling around for my uterus and I can't find I don't even know what I'm looking for.. I feel something abit firm near my belly button to the right n left but I know it should be near pubic bone.... Is it still early. How did u feel your uterus and when?
    Cheers

Mod-SammiAnn is offline Administrator
    Winner 2010- The Most Helpful Member Award

Winner 2010- Member You'd Most Like To Meet IRL Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hi ,

At 12wks with my fourth I could feel it just above my pelvic bone. Here is a quick pic to show approximate size for gestation CLICK.

Sam

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-SammiAnn For This Useful Post:

Marga  (15-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    At that stage I don't remember feeling much. Just after that stage though I started noticing it was very firm to the touch just above pelvic bone as pp said. I couldn't feel an outline of the womb or anything, just that whole area was firm and that firmness just kept getting bigger and bigger lol

***Sent from my phone***

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption
    I can on some occasions when I try really hard and don't move at all. Lol.
    I'm 90% sure that I've felt movement but I'm skeptical.
    I will be 11 wks tomorrow.
    Last time I definitely couldn't feel it but my stomach was a lot harder then and I didn't know I was pregnant til after 12 weeks or any idea what to feel for.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I didnt really feel it until it was past my belly button, then i could feel the hard ridge which drops off to soft squished intestines. Lol. Now its so high up its hard to feel it, i did find it easier to feel when bub was in breech position.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I could feel mine very early, but that is only because I have an irritable uterus and had BH since 10 weeks, I could feel it when contracting.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep, I always feel mine, but I really only try first thing in the morning after I wake up, before I've gone to the toilet (the full bladder helps ) I wanna say I felt it from about 8ish weeks, but I can't remember when exactly

Thanks
    Reviews
    I felt mine from 12-13 weeks which was when I started getting braxton hicks (or what I think they were).
    My uterus would harden up and move outwards and I could definitely see and feel it. It's a really weird feeling!!
    Happened most mornings with a full bladder while I was lying down, and after sex too, haha. I had BH every day from 12ish weeks until 37wks when my boy arrived.

Thanks
    Reviews
    You usually cant feel it until 12 weeks and will feel it just above pubic bone.