10 28.57%

19 54.29%

4 11.43%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Buttoneska is offline Winner 2010- Most Community Minded Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default How do you feel about this statement/s??

"I think that if X was bad for you/dangerous/toxic/poisionous THEY would have told us by now/withdrew it from market/stopt making it. I don't think there is any need to worry"

POLL OPTIONS
    1. I totally agree; I trust them and think if they its safe then is is
    2. I agree somewhat; on the whole I believe what they say/sell and think if it was dangerous they/somebody else would have stop them selling it
    3. I don't believe everything they say and try to make up my own mind of things; but unless something is prooven as dangerous I won't not buy it/use it
    4. I am sceptical and aire on the side of caution; I try to research myself and don't take safety claims on face value
    5. I am highly sceptical and don't trust them at all. Everything I decide I decide fro myself based on lots of research. I believe we are told very little of the truth or the truth is not investigated for varies reasons.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I'd say 4, I research everything!
    I hate it when people say they wouldn't sell it if it wasn't safe - Cigarettes being a huge example, plus with baby things/foods etc I've found Australia is behind on most things or takes its time in getting around to changing eg: the chemical idodpropynyl butycarbamate was banned in Europe years ago but some baby wipes in Australia still contained it, ( we did petitions on bubhub last year to get it removed) and GMO in baby formulas etc

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

Buttoneska  (12-07-2012),MissMuppet  (12-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    #4 for me too. I'm not a highly sceptical person, but I do like to make informed decisions based on my own researchs, whether is parenting related or not(vaxxing, circ, BF/FF, or chosing the family holiday, which insitute to study at etc.) There are so many differening opinions out there that it would be sort of foolish to make an informed decision based on one opinion so I think it really does to pay to do your research.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Littlemissmetal For This Useful Post:

Buttoneska  (12-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I said #4, cigarettes and food being the biggest examples.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to amesv For This Useful Post:

Buttoneska  (12-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

***Sent from my phone***

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Happy2be3 For This Useful Post:

Buttoneska  (12-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I would say I am more #3 however I have moved from a #2 so I am learning to be more critical in my consuming.
    Some things I take great care to research and try and read all views before deciding but other things I just do/buy. And I must say that I am definitely guilty of not doing much research on food items/formulas beofre buying them... however that is slowly changing and while I still do get waylaid sometimes our food choices have never been healthier and Im researching what milk is best for DD instead of just giving her one at random. My change in thinking is definitely partly due to bubhub and realising that not everything is 'as it seems'.
    I remember hearing about the babywipes thing and being that they can sell poisonous things for babies.
    Needless to say the things we have/do with child number 2 will be better researched.

Thanks
    Reviews
    #3 for me. Can I point out, in option #4, it should be "err on the side of caution" not "aire"?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Atropos For This Useful Post:

Buttoneska  (12-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    #4 Definitely.

Thanks
    Reviews
    3 or 4. I used to be more 4 but I've gotten lazy....

I would never think that "they" look after our best interests and only allow safe products to be sold. That's incredibly naive.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Number 3 mostly, however there are some things I do research.