+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Bonkers is offline wishes she was a glow worm. A glow worm's never glum, 'cos how can you be grumpy when the sun shines out of your bum?
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Migraines and headaches

Are these normal during pregnancy? My blood pressure is fine, but iv just had horrible headaches for 2 weeks and a migraine yesterday and looks like it might hang round today, I'm 8 weeks preggers, thanks guys xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    Unfortunately they can be. I had horrible frequent migraines when I was pregnant with my first.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

3. The Following User Says Thank You to peanutmonkey For This Useful Post:

Bonkers  (12-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I think they might be. I had no migraines for over a year and now that I'm pregnant, 3 in the last 6 weeks. I'm 14 weeks now, bp was perfect 120/80 yesterday.
    Subbing if anyone has ideas. I spent last night throwing up because of it.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Bluest Blue Box For This Useful Post:

Bonkers  (12-07-2012)

EternalOptimist is offline Never say you have failed until you have reached your last attempt; never say you have reached your last attempt until you have succeeded.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep totally normal. I had never had a migraine before in my life and have had 3 in my first 20 weeks. I checked with my OB and he said it's normal. Just make sure u stay hydrated.

Hope it goes soon for u, they r horrible.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to EternalOptimist For This Useful Post:

Bonkers  (12-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yup normal. If u have a history of migraines, sometimes pregnancy stops u having them altogether, OR they become worse. Unfortunately I'm the latter, sounds like we all are!!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to jo7 For This Useful Post:

Bonkers  (12-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a terrible migraine at work on Tuesday, ended up on the floor of my office with a wet chux on my head & colleges insisting a pharmacist come & check me I was in such a state, so embarrassing! Had an appointment at the hospital yesterday & the doctor said yes it can be quite common due to the hormones but they don't worry about it till after 20 weeks, as the it can be an indicator of pre eclampsia. She gave me a script for panadine forte for the future! Hope yours don't stick around too long!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Demdez For This Useful Post:

Bonkers  (12-07-2012)

Bonkers is offline wishes she was a glow worm. A glow worm's never glum, 'cos how can you be grumpy when the sun shines out of your bum?
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks guys, iv only ever had 1 migraine when I was in school! So it's a bit of a shock, it's my 3rd baby, and I never had headaches with the prev 2

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    I have no history of them until pregnancy, but had many in my first tri. Iwas even hospitalised once. I also found that on days where I drank something sweet and fizzy in the morning, like lemonade or flavoured mineral water, I was less likely to get one. I haven't had one since my first tri (touch wood) and am now 26 weeks, so hang in there!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to harvs For This Useful Post:

Bonkers  (13-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    You poor thing! I've suffered from migraines for 27 years and I was terrified about getting pregnant because I wouldn't be able to take my imigran, or aspirin. My OB said panadol, panadeine, mersyndol and panadeine forte are fine to take but nothing else. The soluble tablets work the fastest and the best. Mersyndol will knock you out, which is sometimes what's needed.

Strangely enough, during my pregnancy I've been ok, except the first three weeks of the second trimester when I basically had a migraine every single day. I was working with my sunnies on and drugged up on codeine (well, sort of working anyway). It was awful.

I really hope it gets better for you!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Sally1981 For This Useful Post:

Bonkers  (13-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I tried to get into a doc today but they had no appts will have to prob wait till next week. They havnt got better