+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Family holiday cruises

We are planning a family holiday for towards the endof the year. Thinking a cruise would be great as our 3yr old DD would be able to do some of the kids club stuff so hubby and me can see shows etc. I get travel sick but I manage fine when I take travel sick tablets. At the moment we are looking at P&O cruises and also the new Carnival one with the water park on board that starts departing from Syd in October. Would love to her from others their experiences on a cruise ship holiday and what company it was with. We are looking at the 7-10 day pacific cruises primarily.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subbing so I can see other responses
    I'm in the same boat (excuse the pun) at the moment deciding which cruise to take with my 3 and 2 year old. What's drawn me to a cruise is everything is in the one place and all included in the price (accommodation, meals, etc. I do understand you still need to pay for certain things) but it makes it so much easier to budget!
    I love the look of the Carnival one because of the water park!
    I would LOVE to take the kids on a Disney Cruise. Wish they would do a Pacific cruise over here!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I can't comment on a family holiday cruise as I went on a P&O cruise in the Pacific when I was about 21 with 3 friends and it was over schoolies so it was just a massive party. However I can comment that the P&O boat, staff, food, activities and service were faultless in my opinion AND I love the South Pacific as a holiday destination! We stopped at a small island called the Isle of Pines which was a dream location! Sparsely populated, palm trees lining the waters edge, the finest white sand and a salt content to the water that made you almost float on top of it and it was crystal blue. I've never had a holiday so relaxed, felt so taken care of and carefree.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I went on my first cruise last september with my family and a 1yo and 7yo it was fantastic! We went on the pearl and have just booked our next cruise in oct next year on carnival spirit with the water park!! Kids club is from 3 but our toddler had an absolute ball, all the staff thought she was wonderful and kept her thoroughly entertained. Really really recommend cruising!! Cant think of what else totell u but ask away

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subscribing, we would love to do a cruise with the kids once the youngest is a bit older.

Thanks
    Reviews
    WE are doing a cruise with our then 4.5yo on PO later in the year. Going on the Dawn. We chose to stay in a suite as there was no way I was sleeping in a single bed or bunk bed. I just didn't want hte arguments with DS about him wanting to sleep up top too. We like our space. The suite is comparable to us staying in a nice hotel in singapore and there are so many more inclusions. Biggest attraction to me is complimentary Laundry .

I knwo that with PO your children cannot use kids club or onboard pool unless they are fully Toilet trained. Something to keep in mind

hmmmm, off to look at the carnival with on board water park

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've cruised 3 times with P&O and once with Princess! Although I've never travelled with children, at dinner we would sit with other families who did and they never seen there kids! Basically in the kids club all morning, have lunch and a rest and back in again, tea and then back to the kids club! Plus I think there is also baby sitting too!!
    P&O quality was better than princess but I've heard royal Caribbean is amazing!

Cruising to the south pacific is amazing and if you get a chance stop at Champagne Bay!! It is amazing!!
    Good Luck!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for your replies everyone. I might have to call carnival spirit and enquire about the kids club as it doesn't say the opening times. Having so much trouble deciding which cruise ( first world problems I know) as the carnival spirit is new to Aus so no reviews to read etc and P&O reviews range from fantastic to it was terrible. Hmmm decisions, decisions. Need to decide soon though if we want to go this year and I need to organize passports as DH's is expired, mine is in my maiden name and I use my married name so not sure if I can use it or not and DD has never had one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by luey View Post
    WE are doing a cruise with our then 4.5yo on PO later in the year. Going on the Dawn. We chose to stay in a suite as there was no way I was sleeping in a single bed or bunk bed. I just didn't want hte arguments with DS about him wanting to sleep up top too. We like our space. The suite is comparable to us staying in a nice hotel in singapore and there are so many more inclusions. Biggest attraction to me is complimentary Laundry .

I knwo that with PO your children cannot use kids club or onboard pool unless they are fully Toilet trained. Something to keep in mind

hmmmm, off to look at the carnival with on board water park
    I did read about the toilet trained thing. DD is in underpants except at night now, she only has accidents every now and then and hasn't had one in over 2 weeks so hopefully by a few months time she should be all set, just need to teach her to wipe herself after a poo as we are still doing it or her at the moment.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It is a holiday that is well worth the money paid believe me!!!!! We were only ever in our room to sleep. I didn't travel with children but they are welcome everywhere and the kids club even take them to shows on board. I traveled on pacific dawn and can't complain about a thing!!!!