+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Does anyone else feel this way?

deleted
    Last edited by Wastingtime; 09-10-2012 at 21:21.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I can't help, I'm currently pregnant with number 2. Maybe ask me again in a couple of yrs lol. But I thght maybe you cld adopt or foster a child?

Thanks
    Reviews
    After ds2 we decided no more kids but I am the same, sometimes thinking there is one missing but then at other-times thinking no way could we go through it all again and how it would not be fair to my other two as I already feel like I don't give them enough (although they always come first before everything!)
    We decided hubby would have a vasectomy after ds2 was born but still hasnt had it done and the other day i said when the youngest goes to kinder maybe we could have another and he ran away and said he was going to book hos vasectomy right now lol! Still hasn't tho!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Wastingtime View Post
    This is my first time posting a new thread so sorry if it is in the wrong spot.

My husband and I have three children and our family is most definitely complete. Next year we will have 2 children in school and 1 in pre-school and we are moving on to the next stage of our life. I am studying at uni and plan on working as soon as I finish my degree. We are happy with our three kids and don't want any more. My husband has even had a vasectomy.

However, despite all of this it feels like there is a child missing. I have told my husband how I feel...I sometimes have these feelings and no matter how unlikely it seems it somehow manages to happen.
    I don't particularly want to raise 4 children, I'm happy with 3, at no point in my life can I see me wanting to fall pregnant and do the baby thing again but I look at my kids playing together and just think 'we're still missing one.'
    My son is nearly 3 and my husband had a vasectomy when I was pregnant with him and a few months ago I had some health issues and my doctor thought I might be pregnant with a non viable foetus and all I thought when she was telling me this was 'omg this means hubby's vasectomy has failed, now what are we going to do?' (I wasn't pregnant) So this is not me wanting another baby and these feelings have been with me since our youngest was born, even though I found the first few months of his life extremely challenging.

Does anyone else have this feeling? Or have you had it and it went away...or? I'd love some insight!
    This is me. Exactly. Exactly. Exactly. (except for the vasectomy bit).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes, I feel this way too! I have no answer and believe me I am desperately trying to find the answer for me....

I so can't imagine having anymore, but I have such a strong feeling that my number 4 is missing.... I just can't explain it. It is so, so hard feeling this way and not knowing why. I also don't think I could physically or emotionally cope with another.

Last edited by 3InATub; 11-07-2012 at 21:29. Reason: spelling

Thanks
    Reviews
    I understand how you are feeling. We have two beautiful girls and hubby is planing a vasectomy in the very near future. Just the thought of having another baby gives me cold sweats! But I find myself looking for the other kid, almost like I'm missing one. I have come close to telling the girls to be quiet or they will wake the baby so many times. I just think for me it's because we have a 6 year gap and our youngest just seems to be growing up way too fast.

Sorry I don't have any advice.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Our 3rd is now 8 months old and we've decided we're done. Except that DH keeps teasing me and saying we should have another, but I suspect he's just putting off having his vasectomy... I feel done- I've been selling all the baby clothes as DS grows out of them, and have sold the bassinet. Capsule is being passed onto a friend tomorrow.
    I don't do pregnancy well, not a fan of giving birth, but I just LOVE babies, so if he tried hard enough he could convince me- but don't tell him!
    Just rambling here...
    But seriously, friends of ours had a bub post-vasectomy through IVF- they got the swimmers straight from the scrotum.