+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    It's not bad like you think. My first was a emergency c section and I just went with it . Enjoy your night and get a good sleep! Make sure you have comfy clothes!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Congratulations!

Nerves are very normal, but try not to let them overshadow the excitement of meeting your baby too!

I had a great experience with my elective CS. The anaesthetist and helpers took loads of photos for me, and DH and the medical staff were all chatting to me about holidays and stuff the whole time. (Not that I got too involved in the conversation!)

I was very nervous too, but it was lovely. It's done so fast, and there is no pain during the procedure at all (and I had very little afterwards). Someone told me to expect a feeling "like someone doing washing up in your tummy" while it's happening, and I think that helped me! It's a funny sensation, and it was good to have something like that to think on and make me smile and not feel worried about it.

All the best for tomorrow.

Thanks
    Reviews
    It happens SO quick too, before you have time to think you will be holding your bubba. I was booked in for 7.30 and DD was here at 7.37! Took a bit longer to get sewn up but I was was holding DD for most of that time. I did get nausea twice but the doctor gave me a drug for that, so be sure to speak up about how you're feeling.

My sister was in charge of pics and she did a great job. Even had her phone on her so my family knew at 7.40! When she cut the cord (shorter) they took the camera and took pics.

When I got nauseas the second time my sister took her through to recovery and I joined them a few minutes later. In recovery she had a feed and we cuddled the whole time. Back in the room it was great having a catheter and not having to get up to pee!

One tip though is have someone stay overnight to hand you the baby since you can't get out of bed straight away.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just keep your mind focused on your baby and say over and over 'all will be well'.
    Enjoy these last few hours with Bub all snuggled up inside you and best wishes for tomorrow!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was terrified of having a csec but after 28 hrs failed induction and a 10lb bub I really had no choice. It honestly wasn't bad as I thought either. I ended up giggling pretty much the whole time cuz it felt so funny (like the bottom half of my body was full if pop rocks) and recovery wasn't as bad as everyone said either, bubs is now a week old and I'm in no pain at all =D

You'll be totally fine

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I've had 4 cs 2 elective
    I was exactly like you - do much so that I actually ended up not sleeping most if the night and was soooo tired and drained the next day all u wanted to do was sleep when bub was!!
    My 2nd elective I calmed myself down by doing everything I wanted to do and enjoying a nice candle light bath
    I was calm and just a tad nervous!!
    With my first elective one my midwife said these words to me after she asked how I was feeling my response was "scared and excited " she said " being scared is what keeps us safe"
    Sooo true!!
    Please stop worrying and stressing. - they do these things everyday!! They know what they are doing and by the end you will have a beautiful baby to hold!! Just keep your focus on bubs the whole time!! Once she is out it will
    Keep you distracted and you will
    Then wonder what you were worried about!!
    I loved mine!! They were sooo calm!!

Goodluck you will be fine
    Can't wait too see pics and announcement!!!
    Sleep well!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I was nervous before both of mine. The anticipation and knowing your baby will be here so soon is quite overwhelming too.

Both of mine were great and elective c-sections are generally good experiences. I'm sure yours will be too.

Enjoy your newborn bliss tomorrow.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hope you had plenty of sleep last night! You will be fine! I have had three c/s - 2 emergency and one elective. The beauty of the elective is that you arent so exhausted afterwards because you dont have to do all that pushing and labouring, etc.

Have a nice long shower this morning....try to relax and enjoy these last few moments before bubs comes.

They are really lovely in the hospy and they try to make the experience as nice as possible. Dont forget your camera, etc.

Take care....and soon you will be having a new bubs!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Good luck today hun.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    You will be just fine

I only had an emergency but I have often wondered what it would feel like in the days leading up to an elective.
    I can understand your nervous, for so many reasons.

It would be an unusual feeling going in and knowing just what time, day etc your going to see your baby an knowing just how there going to be born.. It would be a weird and an exciting experience I would imagine.

My recovery was extremely quick!
    I was home 2 days later.
    Was off the strong pain meds after 24 hours and just on Panadol and nurofen.
    My only advise is don't over do it, you will feel like you can get up and walk around heaps but take it slow, I did the grocery shopping 4 days after my c-section (don't ask me why I did lol) the whole time walking around the shops I felt fine, but a few hours later I was feeling a bit tender and sore.
    So don't get to ahead of your body

I had my wisdom teeth out last week and to be perfectly honest.. The recovery for the teeth has been more painful and longer than my c-section.
    It sounds so back wards and impossible that my teeth would hurt more than abdominal surgery, but for me that's my experience.

People said to me after my c-section that on day 10 I would feel pretty much back to normal, day 11 hit and I felt really good and more confident in moving around etc

My advise on packing, I took all the wrong things when it came to clothes!
    I wasn't planing on having a c-section so I just had my lower cut undies and heaps of Pj pants.
    My mum had bought me a packet of really big (like 2-3 sizes bigger than what I was) of high wasted cheap knickers with hardly no elastic... They were heaven!
    I think they were from big W and cost her $10 for a pack of 10.
    I also wish I took night gowns, not pj pants as it was a little hard to put pants on.
    And sometimes they would rub to low and annoy me.
    I also was told by the nurses to buy a pack of really cheap no wings home brand pads, i had like a "Overhang" as my stomach went down and covered the incision, it would get moist etc so I just use to put a sanitary pad under to "Fold" of my belly along the incision to keep it dry to stop an infection. The larger high wasted knickers helped keep the Pad in place too.

Congratulations and you will be just fine
    Just relax as much you can and enjoy a nice long bath.