+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttoneska View Post
    we always knew we would do the NT scan and blood test to get our risk factors.

for us I am anxious person and wanted to know.

we had already decided that if results where 'high risk' we would get an amnio and if amnio showed a major problem we would probably terminate.
    This is exactly how we feel, so yes, we will definitely be doing it, and the amnio if need be.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sariele For This Useful Post:

ABigDeepBreath  (11-07-2012),Blessedwith3boys  (11-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ABigDeepBreath View Post
    Hi Ally,
    Was it your first scan? Is that what you meant by wanting to see? Or did you specifically want to know the risk? We've seen our bub in two scans already.
    It was 2nd scan both times, I am 13 weeks with my 2nd bub now. Only scans I have had before 12 weeks were quick dating scans between 6-7 weeks. We wanted to know risk an make sure nasal bone was there (apparently a marker for downs if none seen). I just had my downs scan on Monday for this bub.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ally3012 For This Useful Post:

ABigDeepBreath  (11-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Btw I only had 3 scans all up which were dating, nt and morph scans, strep B test and GD blood test in my last pregnancy and will do same with this one so I don't think that's what you would call excessive testing. Each to their own and you need to make your own decisions based on your lives. Good luck with whatever you decide and your pregnancy!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to ally3012 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Last pregnancy I was 30 and had no test not even measure of nuchal fold. This time at 38 I had US and combined bloods. I wish I hadn't really as I think it's only my age mostly that has give results of 1 in 212. Just in high range but really more than 99.5% ok. It's just made me feel confused. Should I do amino? Its such a hard decision! My soft markers (fold and nasal bone) were fine. Free b- hcg a just a little high and Papp A a little low so now I'm really no better than I was without test except some rules determine I am in the "high risk category"!!!! I read about so many others with the bloods three times higher than mine or 5mm folds so I wonder why I got these results!

sorry this probably doesn't help you at all! But I'd never thought of this situation...not really a big risk but a bigger risk than general population...sort of in between.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to MinkyJ For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    All of your comments are so helpful. I want to look at this from various perspectives, so thank you for helping with this!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ABigDeepBreath View Post
    All of your comments are so helpful. I want to look at this from various perspectives, so thank you for helping with this!
    No probs, hope the next few months is stress free for you!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Who told you the nt scan isn't very accurate? It's like very accurate! they would hardly do it if it wasn't.
    Anyway it depends on whether or not you are worried if it was discovered your child had disorder. For us it was important to know so we could terminate if required and had made that decision when bub was at high risk of 3 chromosomes, all meant he he would not have quality of life and 2 meant he would have suffered terribly in which we thought would have been terribly cruel. But no one can make that decision for you, it's a decision only you can make.
    Last edited by Blessedwith3boys; 11-07-2012 at 20:35.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My sister had it done, results came back low risk, only to find later in the pregnancy (28weeks, she had a scan to check placenta) that baby had major issues (missing part of chromosome 2, which is very rare) and had to terminate at 32weeks. I've had it done with both of my pregnancy.

Buttoneska is offline Winner 2010- Most Community Minded Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimberleygal1 View Post
    Who told you the nt scan isn't very accurate? It's like very accurate! they would hardly do it if it wasn't.
    Anyway it depends on whether or not you are worried if it was discovered your .
    I think she meant that it isn't a diagnostic test.. its a screening test that can help you decide if you have a diagnostic test.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Buttoneska For This Useful Post:

Blessedwith3boys  (11-07-2012)

Buttoneska is offline Winner 2010- Most Community Minded Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    BTW - I also know someone who had an amnio without doing the risk tests. She has a brother with downs and wanted to go straight for the diagnostic.