Hi! I saw my Ob today at 10.5 weeks and had a 'reassurance scan' due to previous miscarriage. He talked us through the process with genetic testing and the advantages and disadvantages to this. He gave us some very important things to consider -
He mentioned that he frequently sees patients extremely distressed over results and the decision that they are then faced with when in fact the likelihood of the feared outcome is far less than the likelihood of everything being fine.
- What would we do if we get a not-so-positive NT result, (bearing in mind that they are not very accurate)?
- Would we want to go through an amnio (invasive and risk of miscarriage)?
- What would we do after that if the outcome is negative?
We really need to reflect on and discuss this some more, but I would really value input from others regarding how you made your decision to test or not, and if you were happy with that decision.
Thank you so much in advance!!