+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014

Default Renting Question

I live in a property that has been put up for sale. The sale agent is a real arrogant, condescending ********!
    We had a verbal agreement to have open houses at same time each week.
    He has since decided that he will alter the time each week as he sees fit as i'm not a priority and he couldn't care less what i want (his words).
    So he has decided he is doing this weeks inspection at a rather crappy/inconvenient time for me. I told him this he said he doesn't care and will be doing the inspection regardless.
    So what i am wondering is fair trading states he only has to give 48 hours notice that he is doing the inspection. Does this notice have to be in writing? Because i haven't agreed to the time and he refuses to negotiate a suitable time for both of us can i legally turn him away when he shows up?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Which state are you in?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Call your property manager - assuming they are diff to the sales manager.
    Explain the situation they should be able to offer advice and perhaps negotiate on your behalf

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Nsw

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    In WA they need to give 7 days written notice and it needs to be at a mutually convinient time!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    In WA they need to give 7 days written notice and it needs to be at a mutually convinient time!
    NSW tenancy laws seem to be more pro the owner/real estate then other states unfortunately.
    I know it's 48 hours notice. It doesn't specify if it has to be in writing or not.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Call your property manager - assuming they are diff to the sales manager.
    Explain the situation they should be able to offer advice and perhaps negotiate on your behalf

I just want to know if i can legally turn him away when he shows up.
    I'm not sure what sort of stance the property manager would take. They work in the same office so i assume she would side with him.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    yes all inspections of the house must be in writing but im not sure if its 48 or 24 hours before hand. if he wants to get difficult then you have every right to request it in writing

lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Lambjam thats interesting. He agreed to do private inspections for a week then changed his mind as no one was interested. Apparently potential buyers only want to attend open homes.
    Have been trying to call the tenancy advocacy line but having no luck so far.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub