+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thank you all so much for sharing your own stories.

I was thinking to my self that yes children get bruises but surely not black eyes :ekk:
    I was really thinking I was the only one out there who's child had managed to get a shiner and it not be from some form of mistreatment.
    Breathing a big sigh of relief right now.

The bruise is still black.. It's been 4 days now and it still looks exactly the same.. I am wanting to get it looked at but I'm secretly putting off and waiting until the end of the week to see improvement to avoid looks in the waiting room at the drs..
    Sounds silly I know.. But I have received enough nasty looks and copped 1 ladies slander to last me a life time it feels like...
    Not looking forward to going out again this afternoon.
    At least my wisdom teeth extraction bruises have gone on my face so it doesn't look as shocking when we are together
    We all haven't had a good week with injuries..

Thanks
    Reviews
    My son had a black eye not long ago. Running down hallway and slipped on wet tiles and hit doorframe/ skirting. Ended up with huge black eye, and tooth thru lip. I went out the next day to get arnica cream for him and had an old lady grab him and say 'did your mummy do that to you sweetie'. I almost asked her if she wanted a matching one. He's 2! He runs, climbs, skips and everything between.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Don't feel bad, honestly it happens to the best of us!
    Kids will be kids.

A couple of weeks ago I was sitting on our bed with DS while dh vacuumed the floor.
    DS hopped down to follow him into the ensuite.
    when dh finished he decided to vacuum the ceiling fan, so he put the vacuum on the bed so he could reach.
    Well a few seconds later DS grabbed the vacuum and it fell onto his face.
    I saw it happen in slow motion and dived for him.
    Dh didn't know what was happening and panicked, dropped the vacuum nozzle, and dived as well.
    DS ended up with a black eye, I ended up with a big bruise and a graze across my cheek bone and about an hour later DS knocked half of dh front tooth out with a toy train....

Great weekend that was!!!

When we went grocery shopping a little lady grabbed my arm and said something about being a strong woman and not letting a man control my life/do what's best for my kids, blah blah!

I was so embarrassed!!!!
    Dh is the sweetest/most passive man you will EVER meet, no jokes!!!!
    Although he did look like quite a bogan with only half a front tooth haha!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Dont stress DS is 16 months old. He always has some type of bruise (right now he has a big one on his forehead with a massive lump) . I always let him roam free in the backyard while hanging out the washing aswell.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ItWasntMe View Post
    I went out the next day to get arnica cream for him and had an old lady grab him and say 'did your mummy do that to you sweetie'. I almost asked her if she wanted a matching one. He's 2! He runs, climbs, skips and everything between.
    No way!!! Omg I would have been livid!

My DD also gets sick HEAPS! We are on first name basis with the pharmacist! In her short life she has had multiple colds, got the mumps from her jab, chickenpox, gastro, ear infections and tonsillitis! (along with her bumps and scratches!) I can only imagine what they think!! Luckily her dr is my dad so he knows she's not being abused! *phew*

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    This was DD first black eye at 13 months - face planted off the couch and landed wedged between the couch, lamp table and wall. I had all sorts of looks from strangers as well.
    Attached Images

Thanks
    Reviews
    My kids are 9 & 6 and are still accident prone and are more often than not covered in bruises. They're kids, they play, climb, are rough and they have fun.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by CocktailBubba View Post
    This was DD first black eye at 13 months - face planted off the couch and landed wedged between the couch, lamp table and wall. I had all sorts of looks from strangers as well.
    Naaaaw she is sooo cute

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Oh no your poor DD. hope the bruise doesnt linger for too long so the stares and strange looks can go too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilly83 View Post
    Naaaaw she is sooo cute
    I agree!! Soo cute

Well I took this photo this morning.. This DDs black eye...ImageUploadedByBub Hub1341977287.642361.jpg