+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Glad he is coming home. Could the non sick kids go to grandparents too? Even for the day? You need to rest. I've never had it, but glandular fever is pretty brutal.

Just had another thought - is there any holiday programs running? I know they have things daily during the holidays for kids here. Might be worth checking out.

YMo7 is offline 37 week ultrasound of our baby girl
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Mil and fil are both very elderly (79 and 82) and are both sick atm too but they have miss6 anyway.

Mum was here yesterday and will be back in Friday but she makes the kids help her (she insists on being Sadie when she comes) and I would like to send miss13 up the road to play with her friends.

Hopefully dh can come home and we can send miss13 to her friends with some cash for an arvo out. Fingers crossed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Could you get a carer's certificate from the dr saying that your DH is needed to care for his sick children? I had a terrible terrible flu last year and could barely walk. My Dr said that DH simply had to stay home to look after us as it was crucial I stayed in bed and rested or I might end up in hospital, and gave him a med cert (carers one). Under DH's work policies that is treated the same as any other med cert and he was not allowed to go to work on the days covered by the certificate.

If you were in hospital, your DH would have to stay home and care for his children so it must technically be possible.

I hope you get a chance to rest and recover. Good luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep - he is waiting for his boss to get off the phone to speak to him.

The prob is if I don't rest, the dr is worried about meningitis, chronic fatigue and pneumonia...

So he either takes time off now to avoid hospital or takes it off if / when I get worse.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by YMo7 View Post
    I never heard of doing that Mulva... Yeah for a night out but do they like do full and consecutive days?

What kinda cost is that?
    They absolutely do. Just google for an agency in your area, I'm not sure on average pricing sorry.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I just wanted to send you a hug. It's horrible feeling so sick and looking after sick kids. Hope you get to have a sleep xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Naww... Thankyou!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yay he is on his way