+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    YMo7 is offline 37 week ultrasound of our baby girl
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Feeling sorry for myself

So dh is at work, miss10 is throwing up, mr5 is still recovering from throwing up, I have glandular fever and sposed to rest for 2 weeks it's school holidays and I have miss6 at grandparents (thank goodness) and miss13, miss3 and mr18m to look after.

Dh says its ok, u are there, but miss13 can watch kids, I say too bad what dr says, I have to look after kids and forget about how sh!tty I feel..

What do you think?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Oh no, that sounds really rough. Can DH take a few days off work at least, seems to me like he actually needs to so you can get some rest you poor thing.
    Or can anyone stay with you for a few days to help out?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah I tried that.., it's not an option for him..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Give Mr18 and Miss13 some money to look after the kids and keep her from your door so you can have some sleep. Maybe head up to the chemist and get some earplugs so you can't hear tv or noise. Or don't give them any cash, they need to help out when mum is sick and needs a rest... Its a nice day... go to the park so you can rest.

This is what my SL does, I don't have kids yet, so can't really comment but just thought I would throw it out there... hope your feel better soon

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mr18 months .....

But the rest is what dh wants too

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by YMo7 View Post
    Yeah I tried that.., it's not an option for him..
    Can you hire an agency babysitter to take the pressure off yourself? Tell DH if he complains about the cost that he should reconsider staying home to take care of his family.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I never heard of doing that Mulva... Yeah for a night out but do they like do full and consecutive days?

What kinda cost is that?

OJandMe is offline I am the strength my children will have.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    wow...

Sorry why can't your DH take time off? Certainly he doesn't want to just leave you with all that! I don't really think that a husband and father has the right to say "yeah sorry, can't stay home today" when you are sick and have kids to look after!

Can you ring him and say "You know what. I NEED you here today so I can rest. You need to come home. I can't do this!" Your family needs to be a priority.

I had a bad day recently and couldn't handle it... I called DH who was 3 HOURS away, and he came home straight away.

Do you have a close friend who can come help? An emergency contact who isn't DH?

Mother? MIL? father? FIL?

ANYONE????? You shouldn't have to carry this yourself. (And neither should a 13 yr old)
    Last edited by OJandMe; 11-07-2012 at 11:02.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    I think it's way too unfair to expect a 13 year old to babysit all those kids. School holidays are for playing with friends and being a kid, not for doing an adults job.

I find it hard to believe your dh can
    Not get time off work. There are rules surrounding personal leave for sick Kids and spouses etc. Perhaps it's not convenient, but I don't believe it's not possible. It's just a matter of priorities.

Pp's suggestion of an agency babysitter sounds great.

Best of luck, theres no doubt you need to get a good rest!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks guys... I spoke to him again - he is going to ask for tomorrow off and ask to leave now to come home to us today. He can do his work from home so I can't see why it's a problem.

Poor miss10 is so sick... And all she wants is mum or dad and I keep checking on her but I can't help her too much in case I give her what I got.

The others are watching tv now. I made them some morning tea anddid some washing and they are now watching cartoon network while mr18m sleeps.