+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    You can still love your child unconditionally, without loving what they did. I think she is talking about the ones that refuse to believe or even acknowledge that their child did anything wrong, when it has been proven.
    Err did you read her post? "My child would be dead to me". That doesn't sound like loving your child unconditionally.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't know if you can have a definite honest answer here until your in a position of losing your child or loved one to a murderer. No one knows how they would react in a situation like that. I think I would want them dead, however if it happened and I experienced losing someone I might feel sympathy for the family of the accused and want them to rot in jail (although I feel no one really 'rots' in jail here, I think they are too well looked after. Thats just my opinion).

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to LollyDolly For This Useful Post:

beebs  (11-07-2012),LillyPonds  (12-07-2012),Sariele  (11-07-2012),Stiflers Mom  (11-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sariele View Post
    No I haven't, so I can only express how I feel right now. If I sit here and imagine my (desperately yearned for) child being accused of a terrible crime and proven to have committed it, my imaginary future self would want to cut them off and have nothing to do with them ever again. Btw, I insinuated they'd be "dead to me", not that I wanted them dead.
    'Imaginary' being the operative word.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    100% against and that opinion will never change.Reasons for this opinion:

-it is the perfect example of pre-meditated murder.
    -it costs more to kill some via the death penallty than to house them in prison (under the USA system that is).
    -studies have shown in the USA that it is not a deterrent.
    -one innocent person put to death is one too many,and far too many innocent people have been murdered by the death penalty.
    -it does not bring the victim back.

I have considered the worst,that is my child being murdered,and whilst in my pain I would want to see the offender killed to try and ease my suffering I do not believe that this would help in any way and in fact it would make me feel worse.
    Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MsTruth For This Useful Post:

Lillynix  (11-07-2012),MissMuppet  (11-07-2012),MsMummy  (11-07-2012),SassyMummy  (12-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Witwicky View Post
    Err did you read her post? "My child would be dead to me". That doesn't sound like loving your child unconditionally.
    You can love people who are dead. Obviously.

I think we are talking about very different things here, if for example your child got into a fight, king hit someone and they died then that would be entirely different than if your child was a serial killer, who had no empathy for people. Do you see where I am going with this.
    If it were the former, then I could see how you would still love, adore and be devastated for your child and acknowledge their guilt. If it were the former, and your child was Charles Manson or someone - then I can comprehend how some parents would feel that they were "dead to them".

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    'Imaginary' being the operative word.
    I love how *****y you are getting, just because someone doesn't agree with you. Seriously- this is a discussion. You can't always agree with with everyone - and it doesn't mean you have to start getting all sarcy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I love how *****y you are getting, just because someone doesn't agree with you. Seriously- this is a discussion. You can't always agree with with everyone - and it doesn't mean you have to start getting all sarcy.
    I wasn't?

Thanks
    Reviews
    You can love people who are dead. Obviously.

I think we are talking about very different things here, if for example your child got into a fight, king hit someone and they died then that would be entirely different than if your child was a serial killer, who had no empathy for people. Do you see where I am going with this.
    If it were the former, then I could see how you would still love, adore and be devastated for your child and acknowledge their guilt. If it were the former, and your child was Charles Manson or someone - then I can comprehend how some parents would feel that they were "dead to them".
    I think it's obvious that we both have a different perception of the term 'unconditional love'.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    No we don't, I didn't say anything about what I would do or feel if my child did something horrifying. Because honestly. I have no idea. I have no idea what I would do, or how I would react. Who does really know, unless you have lived it?

I am just saying, that I can see what she is trying to say.

But there truly are monsters in the world, horrible, horrible monsters. I find it interesting that you wouldn't even understand why someone would cut their child off if they were one of those said monsters.

I think it's obvious that we both have a different perception of the term 'unconditional love'.

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Totally against it for all the reasons listed above. Plus, the legal system is too subjective, as it is there is no consistency across prison sentences.