+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by halloweendee View Post
    totally for it.

in heinous crimes (especially where the offender has pleaded guilty) i think they have given up their right to live in a civilised society. eg. serial killers.
    life imprisonment (and life, as in they die from old age in prison) should be given for other heinous crimes where murder has not occured.

ted bundy, myra hindley, the birnies.....they all tortured and murdered innocent people. why should taxpayers provide a warm bed, food, medicine, television, libraries, education for them?

and the debate over what costs more (death penalty or incarceration) is an ongoing argument with no direct answer. it depends on individual cases, numbers of appeals, who represented etc.

if anyone hurt my child, i would personally hunt down and kill the piece of sh*t Sally Field style in an Eye for an Eye.
    And go to jail or face capital punishment (if we had it) yourself?

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ffrenchknickers For This Useful Post:

ABigDeepBreath  (11-07-2012),halloweendee  (11-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    It should only apply to the very worst offenders, a crime where someone avenges the death of a loved one, is not the same as a repeat offender who is a serial killer etc.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

halloweendee  (11-07-2012),LillyPonds  (12-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I havent read the PP's, but I think that the law needs to be reviewed in that each case is individual and should be judged that way.
    In the heinous crimes, where a person has no remorse and has done something un imaginable, I believe IMO that we should stop drug testing on animals, and use such criminals for drug testing, etc.... This way they can give back to society by testing a new drug and we can leave the innocent animals alone.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to SpiritofaWarrior For This Useful Post:

Sariele  (11-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    If god forbid anyone i loved ever got murdered, i would want to send them to a Mexican or something prison where it is no where near as nice as ours. I don't think that how the prisons are are right ATM. i think they should get nowhere near as nice treatment but thats a different thread.

But i would never want anyone who killed or hurt someone i loved to just be able to die.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Against. So many who commit crime are addicts or mentally ill or both and putting them to death would do no good. It would not be a deterrent for others & it doesn't bring the person they killed back, or fix the ruined lives of anyone effected by the crime.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Amara For This Useful Post:

peanuthead  (13-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Completely against!!

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Also, for most horrible crimes - especially involving kids - most offenders have it coming from other inmates as well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I sway... I feel life in high security prison would probably be worse than death. But if someone committed a violent crime against my babies I'd want them dead. And obviously can't do it myself.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    For all the reasons listed here, I'm against it, however, if the offender wanted to die rather than stay in prison for life (a life sentence where life means life), then I think that should be accommodated. Give them enough sleeping pills and let them take their own lives. No one else needs to be responsible, it's their choice. I think a few would take this option.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Refresh View Post
    And go to jail or face capital punishment (if we had it) yourself?
    yep.