+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default im getting a cold, what can i take??

I feel like im getting a cold (thanks kids!) Headache, bit feverish, itchy throat etc. Can i take demazin? I've had some panadol today but nothing else. Any suggestions? I'm 36weeks +2

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hot lemon and honey.. thats about it really.. You can get stronger things like ur cold and flu tablets but i would only take that after you get doctors advice and they say its safe. There is alot of different opinions on what is and isnt safe to take during pregnancy so just double check first

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    A teaspoon of Manuka Honey

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks guys, think i might need something stronger, any other suggestions from anyone?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    There isn't anything you can take apart from Panadol or lemsip. I used to make a lemon and honey tea which helped a bit, but it sucks having a cold when you're pregnant as there isn't anything else that you're allowed!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Garlic!! Whenever I feel something coming on I take vitamin C and Garlic capsules. Echinacea too if I have some. Awesome stuff!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree, Vit C, garlic and zinc. Keep up the B Vits too. Plus, lots of fresh dark leafy greens. Make honey and lemon tea, it is the best, and it's so warm and comforting. Juice of one lemon and a tbl sp of honey in boiling water. Drink it as hot as you can

I'm only into natural therapies.
    Feel better soon!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Speak with your pharmacist. I had a shocking head cold for about 3 weeks and he advised me that i could take panadeine & an atrovent nasal spray which was fantastic! Loaded up myself with fresh orange juice and lemon & honey but definitely speak with your pharmacist. They are trained in what is safe in pregnancy :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Pregnant or not, a cold only requires 3 things: rest, fluid (water), and fruit such as oranges. Lemon tea with honey can help, or soak fresh lemon in boiling water, take out the lemon pieces after a few minutes then add honey. Common colds need common sense. Not medicines.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to share a book For This Useful Post:

Happy2be3  (12-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I second hot honey & lemon drink, + vit c & zinc tablets - magic!! I've never taken garlic tablets though - must remember in case I get sick!