+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Kitten or trampoline??

My baby girl turns 2 in a month (oh how time flies!) anyway I'm tossing up on getting her a trampoline or a kitten for her birthday. We don't have any pets and she loves animals so I thought it's such a lovely idea to buy her a pet she can grow up with. On the other hand her cousins have a trampoline she plays on and loves it and you don't have to feed and clean up after a trampoline..... So any thoughts?? TIA

Thanks
    Reviews
    My 2 yr old loves our cat

Thanks
    Reviews
    We are getting DD a trampoline for her 2nd Bday. I think that's a great present, and you have a good point that it's way less maintenance than a cat!

But having said that we already had a dog before DD came along and she just loves him so much.
    Hmmm sorry I'm not much help am I?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kitten!!! They don't take long to toilet train- but they are forever well until your DD moves out of home if it reaches old age!! Plus they cost $ to feed. On the other hand it would last longer than the tramp probably!!! Make sure your DD is not allergic to cat hair first!!

Kids break legs on tramps, can't break a leg on a cat...well I guess if you trip over it!!

Tramp would be good for exercise, good investment for more children later.

An animal might be better for teaching responsibility later when your DD is older...

So many pro's and con's!!!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to patsmum For This Useful Post:

jagamoe  (10-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't think a kitten is a good idea. They are delicate and being dropped or squeezed can cause serious harm. Plus kittens bite and scratch as a part of their normal play.

I would go for the trampoline and save the kitten for when she's older. Or you could adopt a fully grown cat from a shelter and make sure it has a tolerant nature.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to austmum For This Useful Post:

Coffee  (12-07-2012),MissMuppet  (11-07-2012),~ElectricPink~  (11-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Trampoline

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'd hold off on the kitten until she's a bit older and can help look after it. Then she can learn and understand about caring for pets. I just think she'll appreciate it more then.

Also - are you planning more kids? Might be worth thinking about managing newborns and pets... We had our 2 dogs before DD was even on the radar and the poor things got a bit neglected when she arrived!

Honestly if I had it to do again I would wait until DD and any future kids were older.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Definitely a trampoline.

we have 3 cats and my son (almost 4) gives them a hard time - chases them around, squeals at them, pins them down for cuddles. thankfully we have 3 very tolerant cats who never scratch him, but a lot of cats do.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Trampoline. Animals are for the family, not a present for a child. My dd will get her very own pet later this year, a fish. But a fish at 9 is different from a kitten at 2.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to share a book For This Useful Post:

halloweendee  (11-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Trampoline.

Animals definitely aren't a present for toddlers. No matter how much they love the concept.

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to NancyBlackett For This Useful Post:

Alphabetsoup  (10-07-2012),babycake  (10-07-2012),MissMuppet  (11-07-2012),Zombie_eyes  (10-07-2012),~ElectricPink~  (11-07-2012)