+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Seborrheic dermatitis, of scalp, a natural remedy?

Seborrheic dermatitis, of scalp

its driving me crazy. itchy, and causing some hairloss. any natural products or remedies out there? i have used novasone, but want a more natural alternative.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know your frustration. Last year I had Seb Derm on my scalp and face...it was horrible. I tried all sorts of things to get rid of it but found that most of the 'treatments' made it worse. I used Nizoral but I dont think its safe if your pregnant and even that didnt help me.

In the end, I used Organic Care shampoo and conditioner twice a week and used Head and Shoulders once a week. For my face, I stopped using all cleansers and changed to QV cream as a moisturiser (just a little bit every morning and night). My Seb Derm has completely cleared up (took about 6 months).

Hope that helps

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ozechick For This Useful Post:

2gemini2009  (12-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I find mixing a few drops of tea tree oil with aloe Vera gel and applying to the scalp and leaving for 10 minutes really soothes and leaves my scalp itch free for awhile. Tea tree oil is naturally antibacterial and anti fungal however it can be very strong and cause irritation or burns of the skin if used undiluted which is why I mix it with Aloe Vera gel. It's not the most pleasant scent but better than a flaky itchy scalp! There are also a few tea tree shampoos and conditioners on the market that may help too but I haven't tried them.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to inertia For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I used the MooGoo products Have a look on their website!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Stumbleine For This Useful Post: