+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Baby refusing to eat his solids :(

So my 7 month old is usually a really good eater. But the last week he is refusing to eat, he will eat toast or any other finger foods but refuses the puréed foods I have made him. Some are lumpy which he is fine with usually.
    He has no teeth yet though. And while I am happy to give him finger foods a lot of them end up on the floor and I worry he isn't getting enough. And because he's not full at bed time he's just as of the last 2 nights started waking up hungry.

Tonight we tried to feed him and he again had one bite and refused the rest, after not eating his lunch either, when I got him out of his chair and put him on the ground he crawled right over to a little bit of toast I had missed this morning and ate that!!!

I have no idea what to do! Or why he's doing this now? Help

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Just let him eat the finger foods and forget about purees. Milk is most important before one. It might be a pain if he is waking, but try and give a bit more milk before bed.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

Harliben  (10-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm having the same thing with my almost 6 month old refusing food the last few days.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    As pp said, he will eat when he is hungry, stop the purees and try some BLW , just keep offering and let him eat at his own pace , it does look like they don't eat as much this way but at 7 months that's ok, he's just learning and soon you won't be able to stop him! Don't be afraid to add flavor to his food, herbs, garlic, ginger etc , add olive oil or flax seed oil to steamed veggies, make some hummus or tzatiki and let him dip cucumber or capsicum strips etc

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My DS was 7 months old when this happened to him! But please dont worry, its just a phase
    He just wont let me feed him at all even though hes hungry! All the solids I thought he loved and would usually eat a lot of he didnt want anything to do with them. If I put food on his tray he would eat! But lot of cleaning afterwards, the floor, couch, everywhere. He was waking up more at night too for milk (I was still breastfeeding), I felt like I was going backwards.
    What I did was to feed him more milk, continue to try my luck with the solids he loved, also at the same time I tried different flavoured and textured solids, a LOT of food went to waste during that period of time because of trail and error. In the end, I gave him VERY soft finger food so he can feed himself, totally different taste and textured solids to what he was having before, and also breast milk.
    Its just a phase though. Dont worry too much