Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Wow bellibean, that's a bit scary.

Thanks
    Reviews
    What the hell kind of safety and product testing is this company doing?? Do they even check anything before they start mass producing and selling. What a joke!! Maybe today tonight DO need to do a story!! They're just wasting people's money by producing these useless accessories. Yes the prams themselves are good products but they extra accessories are a joke!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi KCT,
    Did you get any further with compensation from Baby Jogger? We've just discovered we're in exactly the same situation having outlayed a significant amt to purchase the BJ City Elite plus accessories 2.5yrs ago. We bought it specifically because it could seat two with the additional purchase of the toddler seat. Now Bub2 imminent and looks like we have to purchase a completely new pram system!!! DH was trying to buy toddler seat, found it had been recalled and and then came across this forum advising to not even consider a 2nd hand seat as extremely unsafe. Agree with comment - 'What the hell kind of safety and product testing is this company doing?? Do they even check anything before they start mass producing and selling.' It's totally unethical!!! I'm absolutely furious (and stressed!) It took us sooo long to research the first pram (which I loved!), not to mention the money!

Have you found a suitable alternative. Might post a separate thread on this question... thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi NRP. I haven't progressed with anything yet! They absolutely refused to budge and I've been so busy so haven't had time to do any further research. I'd say our only hope now is contacting today tonight or going to the magistrate. Today tonight sounds like a much easier process. I've already sold my city elite because it was totally useless. Looking for alternatives now. The baby jogger city select is great but I refuse to spend any more money with that company. God knows what safety issues will come up with that pram. And as we know their customer service and loyalty to customers totally sucks!! Another case of a massive company ripping off young families and getting away with it. Yes as you can tell....I'm still very angry! Sorry....I wish I had better news for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by NRP View Post
    Hi KCT,
    Did you get any further with compensation from Baby Jogger? We've just discovered we're in exactly the same situation having outlayed a significant amt to purchase the BJ City Elite plus accessories 2.5yrs ago. We bought it specifically because it could seat two with the additional purchase of the toddler seat. Now Bub2 imminent and looks like we have to purchase a completely new pram system!!! DH was trying to buy toddler seat, found it had been recalled and and then came across this forum advising to not even consider a 2nd hand seat as extremely unsafe. Agree with comment - 'What the hell kind of safety and product testing is this company doing?? Do they even check anything before they start mass producing and selling.' It's totally unethical!!! I'm absolutely furious (and stressed!) It took us sooo long to research the first pram (which I loved!), not to mention the money!

Have you found a suitable alternative. Might post a separate thread on this question... thanks!

Hi there
    I'm the same. Getting organised before #2 arrives and wont be able to use my beloved City Elite. Husband is 6'5" so a glider board is out of the question as he'd kick it with each step AND can you even use it when the baby is in full recline? I emailed seeking some sort of compensation, stating others had been given some. Reply was
    "Thank you for your email.

Unfortunately we are not offering trade ins on old strollers. We can of course still offer you the Glider Board if it is an option.

Please let us know if we can help further"

Grrrrrrr

Thanks
    Reviews
    OK so a friend tells me she was offered the city select (I hope that's right) for $650 as a trade in and was able to keep her old pram.
    She did have to argue the point with the extensively, stating the the pram she had purchased was not accurately described and can only cater for one child, while at the time of purchase knew she would require it for two children.
    She had also stated how happy she had been with her city elite and had recommended it to all of her friends, had convinced two members of her mothers group to buy them blah blah.
    Keep emailing, keep it pleasant and keep arguing! She did have her win several months ago tho..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by AllYouNeedIsLove View Post
    OK so a friend tells me she was offered the city select (I hope that's right) for $650 as a trade in and was able to keep her old pram.
    She did have to argue the point with the extensively, stating the the pram she had purchased was not accurately described and can only cater for one child, while at the time of purchase knew she would require it for two children.
    She had also stated how happy she had been with her city elite and had recommended it to all of her friends, had convinced two members of her mothers group to buy them blah blah.
    Keep emailing, keep it pleasant and keep arguing! She did have her win several months ago tho..
    Thanks heaps for the information. I have tried all of this trust me. Tried being nice. Tried threatening legal action - nothing worked. They are sticking to their guns now. I reckon that they've offered too many people that deal now and they're refusing to do it any more. I think if you purchased the toddler seat at the same time as the pram you are in a better position to bargain with them. They wouldn't do anything for me because I only purchased the pram to start with.......even though I had every intention of purchasing the toddler seat when my second bub was on the way. This company have obviously made a ge error in the safety testing of their product and are expecting all of us to wear the cost of their negligence. It's disgusting!