Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    What deal did they offer you??

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had to sign a confidentiality waiver so I'm not allowed to say exact amounts sorry.

If you can do the maths yourself it was basically the retail price difference between a 2 seat select and the elite + toddler seat. I had to return the toddler seat & the elite as part of the deal.

I then paid extra to keep my elite because I love it too much to part with.

I don't love the select as much as I love the elite though. They are completely different prams.

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's so unfair! They hardly offered any discount on the city select. I could've got it cheaper and delivered from winkalotts.com. That was the kind of deal I was after but they just wouldn't budge! We really splurged on that pram because it was going to be suitable for two kids and would never have spent that much on a single pram without second child option! I can't even talk about it anymore - it's making me so angry hehe. Ive been told I've got a good legal case but it's just the time and organization putting a case together and taking it before the courts. It's really the principle of it though! Theyre ripping off young struggling families and it's not on!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Totally annoyed here too. We purchased for the same reason but have only been offered glider board half price! As far as they were concerned they weren't obliged to do anything else as my toddler already exceeds the weight capacity of the toddler seat! I was sold a pram that held 35kg not 20kg plus a 15kg toddler. I am furious too at having spent so much but in my case I also feel like the retailer could have been more upfront.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bellibean I don't think the retailers should be held responsible. They were selling a product as advertised by Baby Jogger.mit is Baby Joggers reponsibility for not adequately testing the safety of their products before selling them. If they recalled the toddler seat due to safety reasons then they should have recalled the whole pram for those people wanting to use the pram with a toddler seat. The pram does not deliver on what it was sold as - with a toddler seat adaption! I'm still thinking Today Tonight. Might send them an email in the next few days.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Bboys View Post
    I had to sign a confidentiality waiver so I'm not allowed to say exact amounts sorry.

If you can do the maths yourself it was basically the retail price difference between a 2 seat select and the elite + toddler seat. I had to return the toddler seat & the elite as part of the deal.

I then paid extra to keep my elite because I love it too much to part with.

I don't love the select as much as I love the elite though. They are completely different prams.
    2Bboys, is the city select seat suitable for a newborn or do you have to buy the bassinet as well? We ended up buying the toddler seat second hand to try it out and i CANNOT believe that they ever released it. I'd hate to think what their safety testing procedures were like at the time of producing this product. It is so unstable - I wouldn't be able to let go of the pram at any stage with Dd in the toddler seat. I'm appalled!! Now having to upgrade but if I buy a baby jogger city select I will be buying one second hand - there is no way I am giving that company another cent of my money.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by KCT View Post
    2Bboys, is the city select seat suitable for a newborn or do you have to buy the bassinet as well? We ended up buying the toddler seat second hand to try it out and i CANNOT believe that they ever released it. I'd hate to think what their safety testing procedures were like at the time of producing this product. It is so unstable - I wouldn't be able to let go of the pram at any stage with Dd in the toddler seat. I'm appalled!! Now having to upgrade but if I buy a baby jogger city select I will be buying one second hand - there is no way I am giving that company another cent of my money.
    I used it as soon as I got it for DS2 (I think around 6 weeks?) I just used it with a head insert thingy (cant remember what they are called sorry). Never had a problem with him in it. In fact the slight incline was good for his reflux.

I agree re the toddler seat. Terrible, terrible design.

Make sure you test drive a Select. They are completely different to the Elite. Surprisingly so.

ETA - no I didn't buy the bassinet - not necessary IMO.

Keep in mind also that the only way it works for me with the seat settings is to have my toddler facing me on 'top' and DS2 facing me underneath.
    Last edited by 2Bboys; 16-07-2012 at 11:34.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Bboys View Post
    I used it as soon as I got it for DS2 (I think around 6 weeks?) I just used it with a head insert thingy (cant remember what they are called sorry). Never had a problem with him in it. In fact the slight incline was good for his reflux.

I agree re the toddler seat. Terrible, terrible design.

Make sure you test drive a Select. They are completely different to the Elite. Surprisingly so.

ETA - no I didn't buy the bassinet - not necessary IMO.

Keep in mind also that the only way it works for me with the seat settings is to have my toddler facing me on 'top' and DS2 facing me underneath.
    Thanks so much for all the info. Will definitely test drive one. I was planning on have DD facing outwards down the bottom and new Bub facing me on the top. Will have to try it out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by KCT View Post
    Thanks so much for all the info. Will definitely test drive one. I was planning on have DD facing outwards down the bottom and new Bub facing me on the top. Will have to try it out.
    You will find that you won't have the space to recline new bub back that far with a seat down the bottom & the steering with the weight of a toddler down the bottom would be very heavy.

It's all just a big PITA to be honest.

Sigh, I love my Elite. I like my Select.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Don't bother with the glider board if you are having a new baby! Got mine today and it is useless!!!!! With my toddler on the board and the pram in full recline and even with weight in the seat, it tips over backwards when you are moving!!!! I am so angry right now!!!!