+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Who has a Bugaboo Bee or Cameleon?

Hi! We went pram shopping for the first time on Sunday. Very confusing. I think we've settled on a Bugaboo, either the Bee or the Cameleon.

We live on the inner west in Sydney and I don't drive. Mainly, I want to be able to go for long walks (on footpaths) but also get into cafes (might be wishful thinking with a crying baby, but I'm hoping) and public transport. We will need to be able to get the pram into a Mazda 3 on weekends but my husband can do that.

I love the size of the Bee, but I'm concerned that the small wheels will make it bumpy and catch on things. The Cameleon is a bit bigger, but maybe it just looks huge next to the Bee?

I was hoping some of you guys could tell me your experiences with these prams? Pros and Cons? I looked at others but the terrain prams like the Mountain Buggy has the wheels that can puncture. I don't want to risk that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We have both. The Bee is fabulous for getting around inner city footpaths and into cafes. We would walk to the city from Paddington 5 days a week with it and it was easy to manoeuvre and a comfortable ride for DD.

Not that there was anything wrong with the Cameleon for walking around, but the two piece fold made it harder to store at daycare in the space allotted.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NancyBlackett For This Useful Post:

MrsOC  (12-07-2012),Sally1981  (13-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Sally this is what I was going to ask also, I think I love the bee, the only thing I'm worried about is the baby not being comfy at the start and cosy but I'm thinking that if I have the car capsule that will sort that problem out?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a bee. Love it!
    You can get a cocoon to keep bubs cosy when they are little. Its so easy to go shopping with, so easy to move around.

Only thing i have found not good is if you are out at a park or something with gravel paths it is really hard to push. Can't have everything though

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cealz For This Useful Post:

MrsOC  (10-07-2012),Sally1981  (13-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We have both. Love the Bee for inside terrain, but must admit I don't love it on sidewalks, curbs, etc. The small wheels lock up very easily. I'm not one to do long outdoor walks though, so if I had to choose I would def get the Bee. Dd has always hated the bassinet in the Cameleon and was more comfy in the Bee from birth - we mostly used the car capsule though. If you're thinking about the car capsule that is where I would be concerned about it fitting in your car. We had the Maxi Cosi in a small SUV - the boot was big enough to store both prams in, but the front passenger seat has to be all the way forward for the Maxi Cosi capsule.

For me, a big perk of the Bee is being able to fold it and put it in the boot with one arm while holding dd in the other. So, based on your circumstances - long walks and no driving I would probably go Cameleon.

The new Cameleon is coming out shortly, so I would make sure either to wait for the new model or get a good discount on the current one if you opt for the Cameleon.

Either way, you'll be getting a very nice pram.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Windupbird For This Useful Post:

MrsOC  (12-07-2012),Sally1981  (12-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello! I have the cameleon and love it to pieces! My sister has the frog which is the older version of the cameleon and she has been using over 7 years with her 3 children and wouldn't change it for the world, she also lives in England and if you've been there you know that most parts a very compact and small and she does fine with it.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MissTashyAlice For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks girls, it's such a tough one cause you want to pick the right one straight away! And it's such a big investment too! I really want the bee for flexibility weight and size, but because the chameleon is good for different surfaces that is a huge plus. Size wise in a car is fine both dh and I have suvs so we r fine there. Like you said I will weight till after sep to see what the new one is like before I make a final decision!

Thanks again!

lambjam is offline Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I have a Bee and a Donkey. I love my Donkey, but I think the Bee is hands-down the best product Bugaboo has made. We bought ours when we lived in North Sydney and I used to go walking everywhere with it; across parks, higgledy-piggledy footpaths, shopping centres, trains... it was just perfect. The one-piece fold is a huge advantage, as is how nifty it is in small aisles while still being roomy and comfortable for even a big child (DS2 was a 90% toddler and was in it until he was 3 1/2, then he only came out because DS3 was born!).

You say you don't want wheels that can puncture, but I'm pretty sure the Camy's back wheels can... I think they're the same as the Donkey's, and I've had to replace both my back tubes already

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lambjam For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    You are very very tempting with the bee, it is my first choice I think. Not worried about punctures more it getting stuck like others have said but you are saying it goes everywhere. I want your one!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Honestly i'd pick the Bee over the Camy for inner Sydney living any day.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to NancyBlackett For This Useful Post:

Sally1981  (13-07-2012)