+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    ~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChickyBee View Post
    Ugh I hated this question! The first time I got asked was when DS was 2 days old. My answer then and afterwards was "Oh probably around 9 months after I fall pregnant again. Although to be honest we're kinda hoping for a unicorn next time."

Nobody ever asked twice!
    Thanks for making me giggle ^^ haha.. I'll have to remember this for the next time I'm asked!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ~Marigold~ For This Useful Post:

ChickyBee  (10-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm single and people ask me! I just say 'when I find myself a baby daddy' ;-)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Bennos Mummy For This Useful Post:

cluckcluck  (10-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Constantly getting asked for the last 3 years!

We never wanted a second but now we are thinking maybe in a year or so.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I get this all the time! When DD was less then 24 hours old I put a picture of her on FB and no joke, someone commented 'when are you having another?' OMG WTF?! She was 20 HOURS OLD!
    Now that she is 2 I understand people asking but it makes me want another one even less. I did think I would want another 1 before DD is 3 but I really don't. I just tell people we are saving for an overseas holiday to go visit my brother and if they want to pay for it so we can have another 1 sooner then go for it, but otherwise not till DD is 4 or 5.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We get asked but not as much as we used to. DS is almost 21 months and we dont plan on having any more children. We are happy with one.
    Our families have finally realised we are serious when we say there will be no more!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week
    I get asked quite a lot and DS is only 6 months old!!! It irritates me as most people know that it took us almost 2 years and IVF to conceive our first. I am quite blunt with most people and say that we need to save up more money before we can even contemplate another child.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I literally just got told "You'll need a bigger car with number four!"

Dear nerds, invent computer screen where you can reach through and punch idiots. Even if they are related to you. Love BnR.

To be clear, I repeat, I'm pregnant right now with my 3rd and last. I hope that sort of stupid isn't shared genes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank-you!!! You've all made me feel so much better to know I'm not the only one quietly grinding my teeth and shooting invisible daggers every single time I get asked this question.

Particularly feel for those of you who are TTC and get asked

Thing is for me - I am an only child. There is nothing wrong with being an only child. AT ALL. I think I turned out just fine So I also take slight offense to the mere assumption that I have to have another kid. My parents wanted to have another but couldn't. I know my poor mother copped questions for years and years... And in the end she would just tell people 'well I'd like to have another child but I can't, so what exactly am I supposed to do about that?' I'm pretty certain she got no response either.
    Last edited by bitterpure; 10-07-2012 at 21:31.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to bitterpure For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (10-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    After dd1 people started asking and I always replied "At the moment we're just enjoying dd1" and that was that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I like that answer danik.

I would never ask someone when they're having more kids. I get asked all the time, every time I see friends and I always just say "yeah, someday" or "dunno". I think I'll change it up. Seriously though it's not something that most people can plan so I don't get why ppl ask.

My mother in law (who is lovely btw) kept asking my dh if we were trying before we were pregnant with dd. I think this question is ruder.
    Last edited by Lovable; 11-07-2012 at 01:05.