+ Reply to Thread
    HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Capacity to earn?

Just wondering if anyone has successfully had an ex assessed for capacity to earn with Child Support?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    bump?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunnyhugs View Post
    bump?
    I haven't (yet), but CSA said they would if FOB left his job now they have finally caught up with him. Has your ex recently left his job, or do you suspect he will?

Sorry I don't have any extra info, just wanted to bump your thread.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    It depends on what the circumstance is if it would be successful or not.

Its worth a shot if you think you have a chance, look at 'the guide' on the CSA website for more details on what grounds you can apply.

Does the other parent have qualifications/experience in a field of work?
    Does the other parent have enough time without children to work ?
    Is the other parent working for cash in hand, if so you'll need some proof, names, places what they do.
    Last edited by Blue Dragon; 07-08-2012 at 08:45.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Stiflers Mom View Post
    I haven't (yet), but CSA said they would if FOB left his job now they have finally caught up with him. Has your ex recently left his job, or do you suspect he will?

Sorry I don't have any extra info, just wanted to bump your thread.
    Thanks hun - yes he quit his job on 30th June and doesn't have another to go to. When I asked him what he was planning to do, he shrugged and said that he was going to just relax for a bit and then decide what to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dragon View Post

Its worth a shot if you think you have a chance, look at 'the guide' on the CSA website for more details on what grounds you can apply.

Does the other parent have qualifications/experience in a field of work?
    Does the other parent have enough time without children to work ?
    Is the other parent working for cash in hand, if so you'll need some proof, names, places what they do.
    The website has just been brought in to line with humanservices.gov.au so the links aren't available at the moment. CSA are sending the info out to me though as I've started the ball rolling.

XH earnt just shy of $110k 2010/2011 and told CSA he expected to earn $70k this last financial year that's just ended. He only did his tax return for last year after being court ordered to do it at the beginning of this year so I'm not holding my breath for him to get it done any time soon and he consistently doesn't pay child support anyway.

Basically he's just walked away for a job that paid $70k+ for no reason other than he was 'sick of the bullsh!t'

He is qualified in a trade and has extensive experience and a very good reputation in his field in that town so should be able to walk straight in to a job with no hassles at all. He has the children Friday night to Monday morning, every second weekend so has more than enough time without the kids to be able to work and not have to pay childcare.

I suspect he will pick up cash work in the interim but I have no way of knowing or proving it unfortunately.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunnyhugs View Post
    Thanks hun - yes he quit his job on 30th June and doesn't have another to go to. When I asked him what he was planning to do, he shrugged and said that he was going to just relax for a bit and then decide what to do.

The website has just been brought in to line with humanservices.gov.au so the links aren't available at the moment. CSA are sending the info out to me though as I've started the ball rolling.

XH earnt just shy of $110k 2010/2011 and told CSA he expected to earn $70k this last financial year that's just ended. He only did his tax return for last year after being court ordered to do it at the beginning of this year so I'm not holding my breath for him to get it done any time soon and he consistently doesn't pay child support anyway.

Basically he's just walked away for a job that paid $70k+ for no reason other than he was 'sick of the bullsh!t'

He is qualified in a trade and has extensive experience and a very good reputation in his field in that town so should be able to walk straight in to a job with no hassles at all. He has the children Friday night to Monday morning, every second weekend so has more than enough time without the kids to be able to work and not have to pay childcare.

I suspect he will pick up cash work in the interim but I have no way of knowing or proving it unfortunately.

In that case then i think you have a very high chance of them doing something about it.
    I say go for it.

Other parent in our case quit work as soon as childsupport started garnishing wages even though they were only required to pay $16 a week for 3 kids !!
    Other parent quit work then claimed disability that same day and went on a 4 week holiday without the kids .

Makes me sick the levels some so called 'parents' will go to in order not support their children

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Blue Dragon For This Useful Post:

share a book  (11-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Dragon View Post
    In that case then i think you have a very high chance of them doing something about it.
    I say go for it.

Other parent in our case quit work as soon as childsupport started garnishing wages even though they were only required to pay $16 a week for 3 kids !!
    Other parent quit work then claimed disability that same day and went on a 4 week holiday without the kids .

Makes me sick the levels some so called 'parents' will go to in order not support their children
    Other parent in my case is also on DSP and because he is now partnered I get a nil amount. She must earn too much. I couldn't do that, just turn my back on kids and live off someone else to avoid supporting them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by share a book View Post
    Other parent in my case is also on DSP and because he is now partnered I get a nil amount. She must earn too much. I couldn't do that, just turn my back on kids and live off someone else to avoid supporting them.
    I couldn't either SAB. I often wonder how my XH can look at himself in the mirror or sleep at night knowing that he is choosing to not support the children.

His conduct throughout this entire episode has been absolutely appalling and has done nothing other than to cement in my mind the fact that I made the right choice in leaving him.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to HugsBunny For This Useful Post:

Stiflers Mom  (11-07-2012)