+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My 19 mth old DD is in 0-2 room (it's not just a NSW thing. Must just be a smaller centre thing).

When she started at 14mths she was in a cot, then after a few months they started her on the mats and she has been fine. She only sleeps 50-60 min there though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Very strange. My DS day care does 0-2 and they all sleep in cots

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansta View Post
    Very strange. My DS day care does 0-2 and they all sleep in cots
    I guess not all centres have rooms big enough to have so many cots. Ours is an inner city one so space is limited, they have 5 cots for the youngest bubs. The mats can be stacked up in the corner of the room when not being used.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah ours is a small centre, for that room they only have about 8 Bubs I think

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Mat. He was on a mat when he started at around 16 months. They don't have enough space for all the bubs to be in cord, so the older ones go on mats. If they don't have a cot available, they don't have one. Not much you can do about it. And at 20 months she'll be moving up to the next room soon enough where they'll all be on mats. They do get used to it, DS took a little while to get to sleep, then only slept for 30 mins on the mat, but slowly got used to it and now sleeps a full 1.5-2 hours.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I worked in daycare in an 18 months - 2 yo room. All slept on mats on the floor. I found it amazing that I mastered getting an entire room of them to sleep all at the same time! With the little ones who didn't take to nap time very well, we had techniques to settle them down that worked a treat (gentle back rubs, classical music). Have you asked what they do at your daycare to help them nod off?