+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default 20mth old - sleeps at daycare

DD2 started daycare a few weeks ago just on a monday.
    She has so far refused to sleep at daycare.

I discovered yesterday that the last 2 mondays they've been trying to get her to sleep on a mat on the floor instead of in a cot in the cot room.

Im guessing this could be contributing to her not sleeping at daycare as at home she sleeps in a cot and is totally not the kind of kid to just fall asleep anywhere so laying on the mat would be a great game for her.

Im going to talk to the room leader tomorrow but was just curious as to what other 20mth old's sleep on/in at daycare.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    My kids started daycare when they were 15 months and 18 months. They only ever had the beds/mats on the floor. I think its pretty standard apart from in the nursery/babies room.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HarvestMoon View Post
    My kids started daycare when they were 15 months and 18 months. They only ever had the beds/mats on the floor. I think its pretty standard apart from in the nursery/babies room.

Thats what i thought. Though she is in the babies room 0-2.
    Hopefully she'll get used to it. DD1 started at 18mths and was in a cot for 6mths but once switched to a mat she never slept at daycare - i fear DD2 is going the same way :/

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by RmumR View Post
    Thats what i thought. Though she is in the babies room 0-2.
    Hopefully she'll get used to it. DD1 started at 18mths and was in a cot for 6mths but once switched to a mat she never slept at daycare - i fear DD2 is going the same way :/
    Thats right...nsw is weird like that..lol. I never got the whole 0-2 age group?
    If she is in the nusery already it shouldn't be too big of a deal to have her in a cot for her nap you would think.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Dd started in a bed/mat at childcare about 2-3 months ago....normally they start them earlier at our cc, but she was always hard to get to sleep so we stuck to the cot. She moved as thy needed the space for a little one and she was getting ready to move in to the bigger kids room where they only have beds.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hmmm i might ask if they can put her in a cot for a few months while she settles in than move to a matt towards the end of the year in prep for moving up to the toddler room next year

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Nope it's not the norm at our daycare.
    0-2 room has adequate amount of cots, no kids sleep on the floor and I would not be impressed if it were the case with my 15mth old who is used to sleeping in a cot!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimberleygal1 View Post
    Nope it's not the norm at our daycare.
    0-2 room has adequate amount of cots, no kids sleep on the floor and I would not be impressed if it were the case with my 15mth old who is used to sleeping in a cot!
    Yeah i kinda thought they should have asked me or something whether i wanted her on a mat.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    It's same at DD day care. She is 20 mths and in the 0-2 room and they all sleep on mats on the floor except the real little ones who go in cots or prams. DD never sleeps at day care because of it.
    Ive suggested they put her in a cot but they don't... It's only one day a week so I let it go

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My DS is in an 18 - 24 month old room and they all sleep in little trundle beds.
    Up until the age of 3 all the rooms at DS daycare go up in 6 month increments. I thought all daycares worked that way!