+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Groin rubbing...

Hi there, I am not sure if i am meant to post this here but i am after much needed advice. I have a two year old son who rubs himself with his hands laying on the floor, toys, wall and bed. He has been doing this for about 12 months now and it started out when he was falling asleep, so i didn't worry about it but for the last six months he does it all the time, everywhere even at the park and play-centre. I have tried to move his attention to something else but he cracks it at me and moves somewhere else. I have told him if he wont s to do that he can do it in the privacy of his bedroom, but he goes to his room and comes back all hot and flustered.
    He is not circumcised...
    Health nurse says its normal, but he has done it none stop for 3 days as we have been home sick. Is there anything you can suggest or is it normal???????????
    Last edited by sandrew; 10-07-2012 at 13:49.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Masterbation feels nice, right? Well... kid's lack the shame that keeps us all from doing it all the time and in public... so they just do it all the time, and whenever. Why wouldn't you do something that feels nice?

Just keep relocating him to his bedroom, and reminding him that it's fine to do, but it's something that we do in private (much like toileting).

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SassyMummy For This Useful Post:

Boobycino  (10-07-2012),haveheart  (10-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My DS does this occasionally but certainly not non stop.

Maybe someone else has some wise words?

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DS was very similar. He is now 6 yrs old and still loves to give himself a good rub LOL He also started quite young, I would say about 10 months old, humping his teddy to sleep. He STILL humps his teddy to sleep! When I started TT him at 3 yrs it was so embarressing coz every time we went out his hand was down his pants or holding himself. I would tell him to stop, which he did for about a minute. He is better now but still obsessed. My DS2 is nowhere near as interested & never has been. He is now 4.5yrs old. So I would say some boys just love their bits more than others!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks guys it actually a relief to hear that my son is not the only one and will give his groin a break eventually

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks I will give it a go again. I have tried this in the past but he was just falling asleep on the floor in his room or I would leave him for an hour and he would still be at it.... Bu t i will def try again

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Instead of sending/removing him from the room all the time, distract him with something that he needs to use both hands - offer him water, a ball, a toy car etc.

It has NOTHING to do with his circ/cut status.

Get down to his level, get his attention holding both hand, say simply "that's for alone times" and then distract with something noisy or lots if fun, put on some music and dance, go for a walk outside, ask him to help fold clothes - but don't make a big deal of it.

I'd also get the GP to check out for a UTI as well

Some boys also start this type of action when they are ready or stresses about toilet training - so if he's not TT'd then maybe also offer/ ask him to go to the toilet.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to WorkingClassMum For This Useful Post:

Me&MrMagoo  (11-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks he is already tt'd and has picked it up really well .Day trained in about 4 months. I have been trying to change his focus to a toy or a game but he has now got it down that he can play cars and rub.... Sometimes he will out right refuse to even move but, i tend to move his to his room and tell him to come out when he is ready to ply with us.. His brother and I.

threechooks is offline If my spelling annoys you that's your problem.... I have better things to do than proofread !
    Thanks
    Reviews
    The fact that he does it non-stop for 3 days If you are not exaggerating, I would say that's a problem. It may be his response to stress or anxiety. Has he been through any big changes lately?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to threechooks For This Useful Post:

Yep  (14-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hehe! I was a little boy once that liked to do that too! The only difference now is that I am no longer little!!

Tell him that he needs to do it in his room, that it needs to be in privacy. It is never dirty or wrong. Apart from that, no problem at all.

It does become a problem when it is public. One of my mate's son at one time had a thing for doing that in the grocery store! He soon needed to get him out of that!