+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Does anyone know?- PPS & savings

As usual it's tricky to find a straight answer on the Centrelink website and I'm not even going to bother ringing up- but does anyone know if it matters that you accumulate savings whilst receiving parenting payment (single)?

I had zero, zilch in the bank when I actually applied for it, but things have picked up over the last 2 years and I now have a substantial amount of savings tucked away. I work part time, declare all the income so only receive a part payment. I was talking to someone the other day who said I could get in trouble for having savings...that on other income support payments you're only allowed to accumulate a certain amount before they cut your payment.

I had no clue about this, I always assumed if the government knew how much you were receiving from all sources (wages, CS, etc) you could save some if you could afford and wanted to. I don't want any trouble. Does anyone know what the go is from experience or insider knowledge? Cheers

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have decent savings and work part time and still get the PPS. Well a part payment.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Well, I'm nearly at 200k...NOT lol.

Yeah I didn't think of interest. I might try ringing up when I have approx 2 hours to spare...haha. Thanks

Similar Threads

1. Daylight Savings
    By Mummy2MJ in forum General Sleeping & Settling Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 13-09-2012, 10:48
  2. The Savings mission
    By SimplyMum in forum Family Finances
    Replies: 197
    Last Post: 14-03-2012, 13:09
  3. Meat savings.
    By speckled in forum Family Finances
    Replies: 2