+ Reply to Thread
    Squeegee is offline Wanting to add a new squeegee to the family
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Baby wearing / carriers in Summer

My first DD was born at the end of May. It was right on Winter and I loved having her in the "pouch".

I am due with my 2nd in the first 10 days of January. It's like seriously hot then... So can you "baby wear" in summer? Are there tips/ideas to do it? Should I just wait until bubs is a little older?

Before you reply, please don't go on about how horrible it is to have a baby in summer/January. We have waited SIX years to conceive this baby. I want positive replies please.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DD was born in January this year, I find I wear her more now than I did then, I did find it quite warm and mainly only wore her around the home to get jobs done. I think it can also depend on the carrier to, you can get ones that are cooler to wear than others but I don't have any to recommend I'm sorry. HTH

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    DD2 was born in Feb, yes I found it hot to wear her as she bundled up into a ball so I was very worried about her getting hot, and my boobs got sweaty. But I was never out for that long when she was newborn and now she is a few months old it is cool and we are out more and it is fine.

Sent from my LG-P500 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nothing wrong with having a summer bub, less hassle having to dress them and less illnesses around! My DD is a winter baby but we go to cairns regularly where it is very hot and I still wear her. A damp cold cloth can help just lay it on your chest to keep you cool. I saw a carrier the other day that could be worn in the pool that would be awesome in summer! Make sure you stay extra hydrated if you are sweating from wearing bub. Congrats on your pregnancy

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Just*Ace For This Useful Post:

Squeegee  (10-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yup, i wore both my bubs in the summer.
    Just make sure bubs face isnt covered and you are wearing cool clothes like just a singlet. I even used to put my bub in the sling with just a nappy when it was really hot. Its not comfortable to have skin on skin in the heat.
    Around the shops (in air con) is not a drama, its when theres no aircon that it gets a bit uncomfortable.
    Remember, bubs born in the hotter months will be alot more used to the hot weather so dont worry too much.

COngratulations on your pregnancy...sounds like you been through alot!!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to jennibear For This Useful Post:

Squeegee  (10-07-2012)

Savingfishfromdrowning is offline If you can't change your fate, change your attitude
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Have you looked at the Breeze Baby slings? I don't have one personally but I've heard they're good for hot weather.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats!

I wore my bubbies all the time. The coolest sling I had was a homemade cheesecloth wrap. Cheesecloth is cotton (breathable) and thin enough for abit of air to circulate.

In regards to sweatiness as PP mentioned, if I was in a singlet and bubs head was going to be against my bare skin, I would pop a facewasher or dry babywipe (I used flannelette squares for wipes) between their sweaty head and my chest.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subbing for ideas. I used an ergo with infant insert for DS born in april and it was too hot.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub