+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default 9 week old won't sleep during the day....unless carried in a Bjorn...

Hi

I am struggling! Baby has never been one to sleep during the day....right from birth she would barely sleep. Night time is a different story we are getting 12 hours with only one or sometimes two brief feeds...she settles easily, generally by herself and calmly.

I find myslef carrying her in the Baby Bjorn for up to 2 hours at a time to get anything done and also for her to sleep.....falls asleep in it easily.....but will not transfer into the cot or pram.

She is already 6kg + at 9 weeks so I am worried I won't be able to cope much longer....and she is not getting enough sleep during the day..

Any suggestions???

M

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Do you have a swing? My 8 week DD was the same so I bit the bullet and brought one and walah sleeping baby. In saying this she is still a catnapper and she only does one or two cycles

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sounds exactly like my DS at that age. The thing that saved my sanity was the bouncer. He'd nap in it a few times a day for an hour or so (I'd have to sit there and softly bounce him in it for 10-15 minutes first). Have you got one? Or a rocker, swing?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by dommie View Post
    Do you have a swing? My 8 week DD was the same so I bit the bullet and brought one and walah sleeping baby. In saying this she is still a catnapper and she only does one or two cycles
    I agree.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    The ergo is much more comfortable to carry bub in. My dd1 was like that till 6mths old

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for your tips. She won't settle in a bouncer...I have a vibrating one that I use to have time to have a shower....will be OK for 10 mins or so a couple of times a day but that's it......was thinking about the swing but not sure I want to pay that much in case it doesn't work for us.....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazzystar View Post
    Thanks for your tips. She won't settle in a bouncer...I have a vibrating one that I use to have time to have a shower....will be OK for 10 mins or so a couple of times a day but that's it......was thinking about the swing but not sure I want to pay that much in case it doesn't work for us.....
    We got ours 2nd hand from eBay, paid $50 looks brand new/works well (fisher price cradle swing about 3yrs old).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fisher price papasan swing is awesome. Got mine second hand.
    My ds was the same. Had to carry him and couldn't put him down.
    Have you tried wrapping up warmly, then rocking etc to sleep, then holding till properly asleep and cause they're wrapped and warm you can put them down eventually.

Thanks
    Reviews
    i'd go on gumtree and look for a swing or baby hammock. to be honest, it sounds like you are all getting great sleep for the night and every baby is different.
    if not, just look for some babywearing options (ergo, wraps) so you can back carry etc.