+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Parents of very congested babies. gOIng MaD

I just don't know wth is wrong with my daughter. Spent the last few weeks up at night nursing and settling her until ungodly hours. Her sinuses are so congested right now she can only sleep on a ridiculous angle. She has been this way since she was born. Right now its worse. Ive had gps say its just a head cold. Really. A 12 month long head cold. She can hardly breathe at night and wakes up screaming. She also has another ear infection. 3rd one this winter. She has bad thrush in her mouth and nappy area again. Feel like between her and ds with his asthma I should just buy a pharmacy. I know there are so much worse health problems kids can have. But I just don't know what to do. You can't get any decongestants for kids under 2. If you ask, you get looked at like a monster. I have an ENT appointment for both kids soon. Until then I guess I just have to go without sleep? Oh I have done saline nasal washes, humidifiers etc. I never want to have someone suggest fess to me again!!!

Sent from my HTC Desire S using BubHub
    Last edited by bumMum; 10-07-2012 at 11:16.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Sounds awful and frustrating. Have you thought about trying a chiropractor?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Refresh View Post
    Sounds awful and frustrating. Have you thought about trying a chiropractor?
    Nope. What can they do?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Oh, it is definitely worth a try! My DD1 had bad refulx because her spine was out of line, chirc cured it. I have a friend who has terrible sinus problems and the only thing that helps her is chiro. They can do more than I could explain, maybe have a google and see what you think.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Ffrenchknickers For This Useful Post:

bumMum  (10-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm willing to try anything. Since there seems to be no medicine to help I will definitely look into it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck! Definitely worth a try!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    That sounds horrible! You poor thing.

Sugar feeds thrush, so you could try putting her on a low sugar diet for a couple of weeks and see if it makes a difference? It wouldn't hurt her, and it might just help.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by OurLittleBlessing View Post
    That sounds horrible! You poor thing.

Sugar feeds thrush, so you could try putting her on a low sugar diet for a couple of weeks and see if it makes a difference? It wouldn't hurt her, and it might just help.
    She doesn't really eat sugar I don't think.. maybe hidden in some foods I guess.. breastmilk is high in sugar isn't it?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    It's hidden in almost everything that's processed.

If you are eating sugar it will be going through to her too.

I wasn't suggesting she was eating a lot of sugar, in fact, I'm pretty sure at her age she wouldn't be! I was just thinking if you were desperate, it might give her a little bit of relief...

11. The Following User Says Thank You to OurLittleBlessing For This Useful Post:

bumMum  (10-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Definitely .... Definitely take bubs to chiropractor. They can help with just about everything! My LO's day carer has a lil boy who had terrible constipation and the chiro fixed it. Another friend who also has bad sinus problems goes to a chiro and has helped her dramatically. I took my newborn because he cried all the time and after a small adjustment, he's a normal baby.
    Strongly recommend chiro for littlies.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to jazzybaby For This Useful Post:

Ffrenchknickers  (10-07-2012)