+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default ftp supps will I get anyway because...

Hello Friends,

Long time reader, first time poster!

I have split from my fiance, hmm, about 6 months ago, but I did not inform centrelink, due to well, I have a disorder, for a good solid 12+ years to point I never ever leave my house. I can't... anyway thats not for this thread or for today, and reason why i did not inform centrelink Yet is because then they will want me to go into the office for an appointment, I cannot do that. I really can't.

But now I just moved house, ex is on the lease here, it was only way I could apply for the private rental property and be approved. He is staying in the old place now that is under contract but Agent knows my 4 kids and myself have vacated and moved elsewhere.

So I have no real choice soon, but to inform centrelink of change of address and that I am single and have been for some time.

Of course I don't know what will happen to my payments (before was on parenting partnered) if I have to attend the Office in person, which as I said before I can't do it.

Anyone know if I am going to be able to be able to get any of the supps even though according to centrelink I was partnered during time he was working even though we had split a good 6 months ago?

I really loathe dealing with centrelink due to my personal issues with my disorder etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks, Yeh I could call the locom, local Dr to come out to do a home visit if I have too, and get him to write me a letter.

Yes I had a look at the single rate it is higher and I definitely need the extra money to be able to afford the rent and feed my children, bills etc. 3 are in school, youngest turns 3 later this yr, and I was considering doing home-schooling with her, until she is maybe 8 or 9, I kind of home-schooled my other 3 kids, but they still started school at school entry age, diff was that they all could read, write, spell do some math etc at around grade 2 level time they started prep.

Thank You, I will brace myself and call centrelink tomorrow /sigh

Thanks
    Reviews
    It is, and isn't hard, hard part is, of course finances, and the fact I can never walk my kids to school, pick them up, attend certain functions at school, go to local park, all the little things of being out there teaching my kids, learning with them, etc.

Unfortunately for me, the really good days of exiting house left me about 9 yrs ago. Moving to where I am now which is 5 minutes drive from old house, felt like a week and nearly killed me, literally.

My kids are my world, always have been, I have a good friend online who is semi-jealous I get to me at home all the time and have the ability to spend all my time with my kids, she is a single mother and has to work to survive her youngest is around 2. She hates being away from her children.

I'd love to work again and be out in the world all over again, with memories I have left out there, but its not a possibility ever.

It's hard from that aspect. My ex, he is still going to help put where he can, he of course knows all to well of my condition and has no intentions in turning his back on kids and me.
    If they are sick need a DR, need to go shopping for clothes or something out there etc he will do it on weekend.

We broke up because it was what I wanted, he didnt want it, but we did agree it was for best as it was what I needed and wanted. And he didnt want to force me to be in a relationship for his self gain and wants.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Sensational, I work at the Australian Government Department of Human Services in a team that responds to enquiries about Centrelink on social media sites like this one.

You should definitely contact Centrelink and let them know about your circumstances. You are most likely eligible for some payments to help you and the kids.

Centrelink Social Workers are available for you to speak to, and assist people with difficult personal or family situations. They can help you with your claim or refer you to community support services - or even just have a chat. The contact number is 13 17 94.

I encourage you to call asap, to ensure you get some assistance as quickly as possible.

Hope this helps and all the best.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have contacted them,just the other day and explained to the person on the phone I suffer from very serious anxiety and panic attacks and cannot attend the office in person for an interview and requested a phone interview (they have done it in the past) and in some cases they do in home visits and I also was directed too http://www.welfarerights.org.au/Shar...Centrelink.pdf

and down near bottom, has your rights at centrelink interviews, and you can request to have your interview sent out to you in writing and your allowed to respond back in writing. So now im on hold for over 40 minutes waiting for them to answer, so to see if I can organise something of the above, if not, its going to force me back into a relationship I don't want to be in.

I am under so much stress right now, its near unbareable