Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ToughLove is offline Meaner than a junkyard dog
    Winner 2012 - Funniest Member
    Winner 2012 - Funniest Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Will NEVER stop eating. Ever!

I'm not even sure if this is a problem or not, but DD never stops eating!

She drives me nuts with it!

Today this is what she ate, between the hours of 8 am and 8pm.

* One and a half adult sized bowls of porridge with milk, honey and chopped banana.

* Two Pink Lady apples

* Three bananas

* A punnet of strawberries, and one of blueberries

* Three peanut butter sandwhiches, crust and all.

* Two peeled carrots

* Two tubs {the single-serve tubs, adult size, not kid's} of yoghurt

* Then for dinner, we went to a buffet with family for a celebration. While she was there, she ate an adult plate of beef, gravy, peas, carrot and potato. Then a half hour play, then she came back for an adult plate of calamari and a small serve of chips. Really long play this time, then she came back for a bowl of jelly, a bowl of icecream, and a bowl of mixed fruit salad topped with pineapple.

She was hungry when we got home and had another two carrots and a few dry biscuits.
    After tat she finally said she felt full, had a bath and went to bed.

She's not a couch kid, either, unless it's raining she spends at least 3 hours a day outside in the really big yard. She has a "treehouse" {a dead plum tree with a rope tied to it}, a little house, a dirtpit and a large grassed area to play in. She's always running around wailing and throwing her toys around out there, whacking things with sticks, digging things up, swinging on the rope, setting up jumps and pretending to be a show horse. I don't care if she's wild out there; she's outside being active.

Inside she's in her play room where she has enough to keep her busy for days, and I always hear loud roaring, talking and thumping from there, so she's actively playing.

She's five, very tall and slender, has been wormed and been to the doctor, who pronounced her extremely healthy with no digestive issues. He said just make sure it's all nutritionally balanced and make sure her intake matches her physical activity.

The only thing wrong is that she's an absolute bottomless pit! We took her to an all you can eat buffet with smug satisfaction, she ate all she could eat....until closing time. We were there 2 and a half hours!

I hope it doesn't catch up to her when she's older, if it does she's going to be HUGE

Does anyone else have a child with hollow legs? {as my nan says!}

Thanks
    Reviews
    You just described my daughter in another 2 years! She is nearly 3 and eats all day....I mean ALL day! She is constantly saying 'eat mummy'. The other day when we came home from shopping, I had to tend to my 11week old and left the shopping on the bench. When I went to put it away, I discovered an entire bag of apples had been half eaten and 3 bananas gone! Then an hour later she was ready for dinner. 2 sausages, mash, peas and corn on the cob. Then desert, then more food after her bath an hour later. Generally we have porridge for brekky and half hour later she's ready for a plate of food for morning tea! She eats more than her dad! She drinks a bucket load of water each day as well which is good. She's also very active and imaginative. Tells me stories of dinosaurs in the forest in the back yard and how they're friendly and like to dance.
    She is also a skinny little thing with long stick legs.
    I've come to the conclusion that she has a fast metabolism (I also have a fast one) and a healthy appetite due to her activeness.
    As long as they're healthy, happy, playing and getting in amongst it, I've no concerns.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yep my 4yr old ds is the same. Eat eat and eat. I wonder if he is really hungry perhaps having a growth spurt or if its just habit.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Kids are bottomless pits! They need lots of energy to grow & learn. A lot more energy than we need per kilogram of our body weight. My 9mo dd is a huge eater - she's eating easily twice what my ds ate when he was that age and he's a big eater now at age 5.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I swear my 3 yrs old eats more then me!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's so good to see this thread!

My children are constantly hungry too. They eat very healthily and have a wide variety of things they enjoy. They are also very tall for their age, and a healthy weight.

Sometimes I wonder if it's habit too?

We have started giving them a cooked breakfast like omlettes with vegies and that seems to make a bit of a difference.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My (almost) 2 year old is exactly as you described your DD, he eats 3 bowls of nutrigrain every morning!!!

He also ate more moussaka than me last night. And still wanted "Moo-oore".

Hes also in the bottom 10-15% percentile for his weight for his age so god knows where it all goes, well, actually the amount of running around, tumbling/wrestling/general shennanigans he gets up to explains the energy consumption needed really!

ToughLove is offline Meaner than a junkyard dog
    Winner 2012 - Funniest Member
    Winner 2012 - Funniest Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    It's not even 11am and she's had a bowl of Weetbix and honey, two bowls of porridge with banana and she's heartily tucking into a plate that has fingers of jam toast...three slices!

If I ate as much as she did I'd have to get a crane to lift me onto the toilet!!

I simply cannot believe it! It's not even mindless bored eating, she's playing with her toys in her playroom and gets up to go to the table to sit down and eat her apple slices, so she's not blankly hand-to-mouth eating {which I do when I'm watching my shows }
    she's chewing for ages too.

Seriously, where does it go? Her stomach in relation to her body surely cannot be that big? Do kids have a little furnace with their bellies that just burns the food when it comes down? Because I can't see how she's putting it all away.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    My kids eat almost nothing. DS1 (4yo) has had one yogurt today.
    DS2 (14mths) has had one little piece of rockmelon for breakfast and a shortbread biscuit.

I hope they eat like your daughter soon, or they'll waste away

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by IndigoJ View Post
    My kids eat almost nothing. DS1 (4yo) has had one yogurt today.
    DS2 (14mths) has had one little piece of rockmelon for breakfast and a shortbread biscuit.

I hope they eat like your daughter soon, or they'll waste away
    That's what mine is like now, she used to eat well.