+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default 3D/4D ultrasound?

Hi

We're tossing up whether to get one of those 3D/4D ultrasounds. I'm 24 weeks and just want to see the baby again and I'm pretty impressed by whats on some of the websites about how clear the picture can be.

Is it worth it? Who has had it? Will you do it?

Theres so many places to go and I find it costs a few hundred dollars to do.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by larissa88 View Post
    Hi

We're tossing up whether to get one of those 3D/4D ultrasounds. I'm 24 weeks and just want to see the baby again and I'm pretty impressed by whats on some of the websites about how clear the picture can be.

Is it worth it? Who has had it? Will you do it?

Theres so many places to go and I find it costs a few hundred dollars to do.
    I did it with DD and DS and will be doing it again with this bub. I was told both times that 30 weeks is ideal cos bubba is starting to get nice and chubba but there is still enough room to get a good look
    Where abouts are you located? If you are in brisbane there is a place that is $190 with 50 -100 photos on a disk and they put music over the video of bub wich is great for when you hear it on the radio later on all the memories come floating back.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I didn't know that about 30 weeks! I'm in Melbourne though!

Thanks
    Reviews
    We had ours done at 30 weeks too. So beautiful at that time and the fact that there is 10 weeks between scans makes the wait more bearable!

I highly recommend having one. Even though they are not diagnostic, our 3d scan picked up a huge birth defect that our 20 week scan missed. The scan saved our daughters life and for that we are forever grateful. So worth the money!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I've done 3Ds at 12, 18, 32 and 36 weeks the 32 week scan was my favourite by far!! Don't get me wrong I loved them all and treasure all the photos I got, but at 12/18 wks, bub's still really skinny and kinda "freaky" lookin as friends say 30-32 wks they have all their glorious chub so the pictures are super cute, and really resembled bub! The 36 wk one was good too but not as great photos as 32 wks

Go for it, you'll love it!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm also 24wks and we are booked in to have one at 30wks, can't wait!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bubbabailey, what is the name of the place in Brisbane? Do you need a referral?