+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Becks23 is offline thank you for a house full of people I love. Amen
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I have had a lot of people let me in front in queues or help me with the pram and stairs. One lady told me I was doing such a lovely job and that my children are beautiful - that made my day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    A little boy came over to me when I was unloading my trolley outside the IGA. He was probably about 6 or 7, and said:

"Excuse me, but would you like me to take your empty trolley back to the bay for you, so that you don't have to leave your baby?"

So lovely! His mum should have been so proud of him!

3. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Guest654 For This Useful Post:

Artful  (10-07-2012),Becks23  (10-07-2012),LifeInShadesOfGrey  (11-07-2012),MissMuppet  (10-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    1 week before I gave birth DH was made redundant at his job.
    The place went bankrupt and he didn't get a redundancy pay out.. Nor did his employer fill out or sign forms to say he was made redundant they just took off so we have no help from Centerlink and they were being difficult with us..
    We still had some baby things to buy and we were already struggling before he lost his job.
    We were up sh!t creek so to speak.
    Weeks passed.. We used the credit card to pay for rent and bare baby essentials. The credit card was close to being maxed out.. My mum helped as much as she could with other bills of ours but she was struggling too, i was unable to go back to work due to medical issues and We were hanging out for my maternity leave payments to start which seemed to be taking forever!
    They wouldn't have covered much any way but it would have be a start.
    Dh and I went many days and nights with no food at all.

My husband was emailing off his resume to about 30 jobs a day and never got called for an interview..
    Our car had no petrol left in it and it was just out the front of the house.

A little old lady down the road from us noticed Dh was no longer up at the crack of dawn leaving for work as she would often be awake at 4:30am doing things in the garden and would wave at Dh etc.
    she hadn't seen him and noticed his car hadn't moved in weeks so she came over and knocked on the door and asked if everything was ok (I think she initially thought Dh had passed away as she had not seen him and she was quite concerned)
    I told her that he had lost his job, we had a new baby and broke down crying! It all just hit me and i was so upset, She was so supportive and had a very good chat with me and said she needed odd jobs done around the house if DH wanted cash in hand.
    DH was over there in an instant vacuuming her floors, clearing gutters etc and she payed him way to much for doing it. We were extremely grateful but we refused to take that much money from her! after much debate she halved it.. but the next morning she had put the rest of the money under the front door for us.

A few Days later I had a knock on the door, I slowly got up and opened it to find HEAPS of food in shopping bags at our front door..
    Formula.. Huggies nappies.. Boxes of them!!! Heaps of food for us.. We couldn't even fit it all in the fridge! Honestly this grocery shop set us up for at least a month plus some.. I don't even want to think of what the bill total was..
    There was no one around but I looked over to the little old ladies house and she was out the front getting out of her car and just have me a wink and a smile and walked inside.
    I was in tears.
    My husband was in tears.
    It was the most amazing thing anyone has ever for us. She was an angel!

Every few days after that I would hear a knock and I would find things like toilet paper, deodorant, soaps, cans of food, home cooked meals with a note on the saying "please just leave the glass wear out the front for me to collect, don't worry about washing it enjoy Xoxo"
    She must have noticed we had a dog because she would also bring dog food and frontline for him!!!
    A few times she left new winter clothes out the front for DD when the nights got cooler.
    And a dog coat for our dog.

I felt horrible but so grateful she was a true blessing to us.
    I would constantly go over and knock to either offer to pay (even though we couldn't really afford to) or just to give her a big thank-you but she never answered her door and I was never able to catch her in time to tell her how grateful I was.
    She would often put a note in the letter box saying her toilet was blocked or she needed her floors mopped, she would leave a key under the mat with an envelope of money! If we didn't take the money after doing the odd jobs it would be under our door the next morning when we woke up.

My DH was out of work for 12 weeks.. If it wasn't for her.. I would hate to think where we would have been!

Once DH got a job I wrote her a long letter saying how grateful we were but DH finally had a job and we wanted to have her over for dinner etc, she became quite talkative with us after that and often came over for tea and a chat
    We became lovey friends with the 74 year old lady across the road and she told us she never use to answer her door and avoided seeing us because she didn't want to make us feel uncomfortable over the fact she was helping us out, and she always thought we would just try to return money or offer to pay (which we would have if we got the chance to catch her lol)

Once we were back on our feet we paid for a weekly cleaner to go to her house and helped her out with little things that age was stopping her from doing herself.
    She had no family or friends so I made a big effort to keep her company.
    Only this year she moved out and we helped her pack, clean and move to a nursing complex for older people.
    It was so sad to have to say good bye
    We still see her and visit, she has made a heaps of new friends in the complex and they all look after her well.
    she has become a second nanna to my daughter.

I'm so great-full for her generosity and kindness. There is a special place in heaven for her.
    There truly are some wonderful people in this Mad world.

5. The Following 24 Users Say Thank You to Liddybugs For This Useful Post:

*Chels*  (10-07-2012),AllYouNeedIsLove  (10-07-2012),Artful  (10-07-2012),Becks23  (10-07-2012),Cazza1981  (10-07-2012),Didge  (10-07-2012),ElleB  (10-07-2012),fairyflossfairy  (10-07-2012),Gothel  (10-07-2012),GrabbyCrabby  (10-07-2012),LifeInShadesOfGrey  (11-07-2012),Lightness  (10-07-2012),LotusMum  (11-07-2012),LoveLivesHere  (10-07-2012),MissMuppet  (10-07-2012),MrJones&Me  (10-07-2012),mystical mumma  (10-07-2012),Rutabaga  (10-07-2012),Sairz  (10-07-2012),ShanandBoc  (10-07-2012),spitthedummy  (10-07-2012),tamute  (10-07-2012),Wastingtime  (10-07-2012),Wheaty  (10-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Rachell - ur post has me in tears. What an angel your neighbour was.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to peasmum For This Useful Post:

AllYouNeedIsLove  (10-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Rachell that makes me tear up. What a beautiful lady.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to happygirl1982 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had an old-er lady in medicare stand up and give me her seat when i was 8 months pregnant :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by peasmum View Post
    Rachell - ur post has me in tears. What an angel your neighbour was.
    Me too, that is so sweet what a lovely lady

MrJones&Me is offline sometimes as useless as the 'ueue' in queue
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Made me tear up too!

One of those 'faith in humanity: restored' moments <3 😌

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Rachell View Post
    1 week before I gave birth DH was made redundant at his job.
    The place went bankrupt and he didn't get a redundancy pay out.. Nor did his employer fill out or sign forms to say he was made redundant they just took off so we have no help from Centerlink and they were being difficult with us..
    We still had some baby things to buy and we were already struggling before he lost his job.
    We were up sh!t creek so to speak.
    Weeks passed.. We used the credit card to pay for rent and bare baby essentials. The credit card was close to being maxed out.. My mum helped as much as she could with other bills of ours but she was struggling too, i was unable to go back to work due to medical issues and We were hanging out for my maternity leave payments to start which seemed to be taking forever!
    They wouldn't have covered much any way but it would have be a start.
    Dh and I went many days and nights with no food at all.

My husband was emailing off his resume to about 30 jobs a day and never got called for an interview..
    Our car had no petrol left in it and it was just out the front of the house.

A little old lady down the road from us noticed Dh was no longer up at the crack of dawn leaving for work as she would often be awake at 4:30am doing things in the garden and would wave at Dh etc.
    she hadn't seen him and noticed his car hadn't moved in weeks so she came over and knocked on the door and asked if everything was ok (I think she initially thought Dh had passed away as she had not seen him and she was quite concerned)
    I told her that he had lost his job, we had a new baby and broke down crying! It all just hit me and i was so upset, She was so supportive and had a very good chat with me and said she needed odd jobs done around the house if DH wanted cash in hand.
    DH was over there in an instant vacuuming her floors, clearing gutters etc and she payed him way to much for doing it. We were extremely grateful but we refused to take that much money from her! after much debate she halved it.. but the next morning she had put the rest of the money under the front door for us.

A few Days later I had a knock on the door, I slowly got up and opened it to find HEAPS of food in shopping bags at our front door..
    Formula.. Huggies nappies.. Boxes of them!!! Heaps of food for us.. We couldn't even fit it all in the fridge! Honestly this grocery shop set us up for at least a month plus some.. I don't even want to think of what the bill total was..
    There was no one around but I looked over to the little old ladies house and she was out the front getting out of her car and just have me a wink and a smile and walked inside.
    I was in tears.
    My husband was in tears.
    It was the most amazing thing anyone has ever for us. She was an angel!

Every few days after that I would hear a knock and I would find things like toilet paper, deodorant, soaps, cans of food, home cooked meals with a note on the saying "please just leave the glass wear out the front for me to collect, don't worry about washing it enjoy Xoxo"
    She must have noticed we had a dog because she would also bring dog food and frontline for him!!!
    A few times she left new winter clothes out the front for DD when the nights got cooler.
    And a dog coat for our dog.

I felt horrible but so grateful she was a true blessing to us.
    I would constantly go over and knock to either offer to pay (even though we couldn't really afford to) or just to give her a big thank-you but she never answered her door and I was never able to catch her in time to tell her how grateful I was.
    She would often put a note in the letter box saying her toilet was blocked or she needed her floors mopped, she would leave a key under the mat with an envelope of money! If we didn't take the money after doing the odd jobs it would be under our door the next morning when we woke up.

My DH was out of work for 12 weeks.. If it wasn't for her.. I would hate to think where we would have been!

Once DH got a job I wrote her a long letter saying how grateful we were but DH finally had a job and we wanted to have her over for dinner etc, she became quite talkative with us after that and often came over for tea and a chat
    We became lovey friends with the 74 year old lady across the road and she told us she never use to answer her door and avoided seeing us because she didn't want to make us feel uncomfortable over the fact she was helping us out, and she always thought we would just try to return money or offer to pay (which we would have if we got the chance to catch her lol)

Once we were back on our feet we paid for a weekly cleaner to go to her house and helped her out with little things that age was stopping her from doing herself.
    She had no family or friends so I made a big effort to keep her company.
    Only this year she moved out and we helped her pack, clean and move to a nursing complex for older people.
    It was so sad to have to say good bye
    We still see her and visit, she has made a heaps of new friends in the complex and they all look after her well.
    she has become a second nanna to my daughter.

I'm so great-full for her generosity and kindness. There is a special place in heaven for her.
    There truly are some wonderful people in this Mad world.
    Oh my that is gorgeous

Thanks
    Reviews
    Rachell darn you I'm sobbing!!
    I love hearing about how generosity and kindness of man kind is not dead.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to shani2 For This Useful Post: