+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Courtesy is not dead

Ok so the now infamous PWP thread was so much about discourtesy in the end.

What about when someone - a stranger - has done something really nice for you just because you were a mum? Or dad?

I was at the post office with DD2 in capsule a month or so ago. The man in front turned around and said "would you please do me a favour?". I was puzzled but said "sure". And then he asked me to take his place in the queue. It only saved me about thirty seconds but it completely made my day.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Chrysanthemum For This Useful Post:

AllYouNeedIsLove  (10-07-2012),Blue&Pink  (09-07-2012),LoveLivesHere  (10-07-2012),Maybelline  (09-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I was queuing at a counter once waiting forever to get service with my DD. Guy ahead of me had been waiting much longer but let me go first.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I've had people offer to let me infront in lines, help lift the pram up stairs when there has been no lift, help me unload groceries at the checkout and even an offer to help me get them to the car. DD1 was a handful as a baby and toddler and I must have looked like I was struggling a lot

Thanks
    Reviews
    Pregnant and Unloading trolley with 2 little kids ... Pouring with rain ... Kids had a kiddie umbrella they were sharing so they were fine ... There was a couple (maybe 60s) waiting for my spot , the wife got out the car with an umbrella do I didn't get wet while loading shopping in car and getting kids in car ... She returned the trolley too ... I thanked her profusely shesaid she just hoped someone would do the same for her daughter/ grandkids.

I love this thread already

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Smartiecat For This Useful Post:

LifeInShadesOfGrey  (11-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    When I just had my first baby I had people run over to load my car with my groceries for me..it happened on about three different occasions at a grocery shop in a very dodgy area.
    I've had people help with getting the pram up and down stairs too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had did my Shopping at aldi one day with newborn ds in the ergo and after I'd paid for it and was packing it into the bags an elderly lady offered to pack the bags for me, so lovely.

People regularly help me load groceries onto the conveyor belt too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had a baby in pram and a toddler trying to get on the bus. This lovely old could grabbed ds' hand and got him to sit next to them. And then helped him get off the bus with me. Made my day as I was really struggling

Thanks
    Reviews
    A man in helped me getting the pram off a tram when we were in Melbourne. It was rather nice of him, he had a walking stick himself! The other day when having lunch with my Dad, Grandma and DS a boy who would have been around 10 came up and asked if my son wanted his ice cream voucher because he was too full. It was so very sweet!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies. Made me smile. And notice people helping other mums when we were out today.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am glad there are polite people, so many are rude and selfish where I am. I say it is a lifestyle thing as when I go into what is considered troubled areas the people are so lovely. I have found the EMO kids are the most helpful caring kids I have ever seen.