+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default My job as a parent...

Is to ensure my child is fed, clothed, housed, warm, loved, healthy, happy, educated. Among other things tied in with emotional development, which comes under health.

In no particular order.

While some mums can meet those needs without having to do paid work, others can't. High cost of homes, high cost of medical needs, high cost of schooling expenses, and all sorts of other factors come into play.

All of us want what's best, apart from the few who are abusive or neglectful, so why make it working vs staying home? Why pick on the negatives of another person's situation, when we have common goals as parents?

Working parents fail to sacrifice enough for their kids. SAHMs are not teaching their kids the value of working for things. How about, parents make the choice that best helps them meet all needs of the family?

That is all, just feeling fragile. As a SAHM, I cannot meet all her needs, she skips appointments, and I sponge off the tax payers. As a working mum I let someone else raise my child, fail to make enough sacrifices, and still sponge off the tax payer because I still receive FTB. It gets a bit much after a while.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to share a book For This Useful Post:

Blondi83  (09-07-2012),jbish  (09-07-2012),sakabla  (10-07-2012),shelle65  (09-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My aim is the same as yours. I don't want to work but I don't want to stay at home full time either! So I don't enter into the debate. If you and your child are happy and healthy who cares what you do?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Wise Enough For This Useful Post:

jagamoe  (10-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Try not to take it on board sweetie.

I think anyone that has been around here a while would know how much you love your daughter and how carefully you think things through.

I think you are a wonderful Mum

6. The Following User Says Thank You to OurLittleBlessing For This Useful Post:

jagamoe  (10-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Thanks, but I know it affects other people too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Living below the poverty line in a low pay job, I never want my child to be without clothing or shoes in the right size, I never want her to be the one who misses class activities, I never want her to go to bed hungry unless she made the choice not to eat what I provide. If that means working, that is life, nobody else will step in and pay her way. It's not ignoring her, it's providing for her.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    I hear ya. That thread a few days ago knocking SAHM's was hard to read. Soooo sick of the working vs sahm crap.

We are all doing the best job we can. There is no right or wrong. We are all just mums trying to do the best for our kids. When as women, we finally realise that, well there will be no more - working mums don't raise their kids, and SAHMs are lazy and sit watching dr phil stuffing their face with chocolate.

Sick to death of the competition and oneupmanship, not just here but IRL

Thanks
    Reviews
    People bag me out for living where I do but hey, we have a house, it is fully security screened and we have a dog. Lucky for me, I get to work and be at home but it hasn't always been that way. For many, they are missing out on their children, they miss milestones, they miss smiles, but they work so the bills can be paid and their kids can be fed. Others watch their kids miss out because they are unable to secure childcare and can't work. The lucky ones are the ones with real choice.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    Yeah while we've made big sacrifices, I have chose to stay at home and thank goodness I got that choice. i feel for women, be it at home or working, that have no choice and hate it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    The thread the other day about working mums "having it all" really upset me. I get so SICK of the bullsh!t. It's not the 1950s any more for crying out loud. Leave mums alone, we already have enough to deal with.

My mother worked long hours. My dad was a SAHD.

My mum is sick.

Anyone who thinks or says she "didn't raise me", "had it all", "put money and career before children" seriously, **** you.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Benji For This Useful Post:

jagamoe  (10-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yep. I agree. So tired of this debate right now. There is no perfect way to raise a child. My mum worked full time all my life. My mum is god damn amazing. I don't ever think "oh gee I wish my mum had been able to do tuckshop" or "god I hated that daycare centre, I hated playing with other kids all the time." Any issues I may have experienced because my mum wasn't "there enough".. well I've built a bridge to get over that.. since now I work with women who really struggle financially. Have no roof over their families heads, can't afford food or medicine. Puts it all in perspective.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using BubHub