+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I am a big stress head Can't help it but i do not to worry too much. Today has been particularly bad for stress - i just want to hide in my room and cry and that is not an option.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I used to be, but DP has a way of making me stress less. I don't know what it is but the entire time we have been together, I have rarely been stressed. I have massive fears revolving around being car-less and having my car stuff up on me and blah blah. Not long ago my battery died and in the past I would have cried for sure. I just laughed this time and called road service

The only thing I'm stressing about now is paying my personal loan when I'm on maternity leave when I get pregnant. I know it won't be bad and we will still survive but it still makes me a little nervous. I'm just going to make sure there is enough extra on the loan to last at least 6 months :-) and we are getting a lot of stuff ready now while we both have money coming in. We have already got every single piece of nursery furniture we need :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy2be3 View Post
    So... Im genuinely interested in this. I'm not saying this to brag, but I genuinely rarely "stress" about stuff, about anything in life really.
    Is it my faith in God? My awareness of how incredibly tough third world countries are doing it compared to us here in Australia,the fact we don't have a mortgage? (we rent)..... (Note: we earn barely over $45k a year, so before u start thinking we must have lots of money, we don't)

So, tell me, Why do people stress?

***Sent from my phone***
    Im the same as you happy2be3.....Of course at times things may start stressing me out but then i just regain perspective. With belief in God i know the times we are living in are soon to end and theres a wonderful future to follow and i try and focus on what really matters and that many people in the world dont have enough to eat, or a roof over their heads or are trying to get through each day without getting bombed and makes any problems i have seem so minor. We also rent and have zero debt i think money causes alot of stress for many so we try and live as simple as possible

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ShanandBoc For This Useful Post:

Happy2be3  (09-07-2012)

Ana Gram is offline 2008 WINNER - straight shooter award
    Winner 2008 & 2009 - Community Minded thread
    Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most passionate member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Yes, I am a stress head. But i find that knowing other people around the world are in terrible situations makes me stress more.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ana Gram For This Useful Post:

Ffrenchknickers  (09-07-2012),MissMuppet  (09-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm a stresshead. But, over time, have worked out ways to cope better and know when to back off the accelerator.

By nature, I'm a perfectionist and have a "need to achieve", so am guilty of putting unrealistic expectations on myself at times. Money can be a worry, but it is not the biggest stress.

I also find it hard to properly concentrate on several tasks at once and get overwhelmed.

Everyone is different - we all have different thresholds for what we can cope with & many different life circumstances. I think it would be fair to say though, that if I lived a safe, boring existence where I never put any pressure on myself, I would go crazy. Some (positive) stress is a good thing - a real motivator!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ana Gram View Post
    Yes, I am a stress head. But i find that knowing other people around the world are in terrible situations makes me stress more.
    Same for me sometimes. Other times it can go the other way.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    The one thing that does stress me out is the state of the world yes. But my beliefs give me great comfort

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Buttoneska is offline Winner 2010- Most Community Minded Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I am generally someone who doesn't stress very much at all - not much bothers me tbh.

I have found though the last 2 weeks of pregnancy I feel sooooooooo stressed, its driving me mad. The littlist thing could set me off and then I feel stressed for days and upset and cry and worry.

eta: hubby told me not to stress and not to lose it, that I am his rock who always keeps it together - instead of feeling comforted and empowerd by that I cried and stressed more that I had too much pressure on me.. ahhhhhhh.. could be a long 17weeks!!!
    Last edited by Buttoneska; 09-07-2012 at 14:55.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I have issues with stress and anxiety. Through counselling I came to realise a lot of this stems from unrealistic expectations that I place on myself which stems from never being able to meet the expectations of my dad. I had quite a stressful childhood with an abusive father who would change the rules of what was expected all the time. So we were constantly on guard as something that was acceptable one day may be punishable the next. So I 'learnt' to stress from an early age.

My stress threshold is a lot lower now thanks to the damage that years of anxiety have done. When you are stressed your body releases a range of hormones, over time these damage parts of your body meaning that just a small amount of the hormone can make you feel a lot more stressed than an 'undamaged' person (well, this was how it was explained to me). Also, if you have a lot of stress in your life, you are sitting at a higher level than someone without that pressure, so smaller things can "tip you over" the top as you have less distance to climb.

All that said, I have over the years learnt a range of strategies to help me manage these issues and my stress. I work actively at not "sweating the small stuff" and get complimented on how well I cope in stressful situations.

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    hi, Im the opposite of a 'stresshead'. When I find something is causing me to worry, I start praying. If I can do something to change the situation, then I act, if there is nothing I can do to help, then I pray. I dont even think about what I say while im praying, I just repeat prayers I know by heart. When I see the terrible things in the world or even in our "own back yard", I sometimes cry, but I also pray. 'Maximum affection" to all. Marie.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to SuperGranny For This Useful Post:

Happy2be3  (09-07-2012)