+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Stress, stress out, worry... Do you?

So... Im genuinely interested in this. I'm not saying this to brag, but I genuinely rarely "stress" about stuff, about anything in life really.
    Is it my faith in God? My awareness of how incredibly tough third world countries are doing it compared to us here in Australia,the fact we don't have a mortgage? (we rent)..... (Note: we earn barely over $45k a year, so before u start thinking we must have lots of money, we don't)

So, tell me, Why do people stress?

***Sent from my phone***

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Happy2be3 For This Useful Post:

ShanandBoc  (09-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Yep, I'm a stress head...trying to be a reformed stress head. I am someone who is acutely aware of our first world problems but can so often get consumed by my own cra@p.....which makes me stress more, because I know how stupid I am being. And yes, when I am walking closely with God I stress alot less.

Life circumstances and the ability to cope with things come into it alot.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have social anxiety and I stress about making friends, if my friends like me, if I looked or sounded stupid last time we talked etc... I worry about upcoming social events that usually turn out to be nowhere near as bad as I imagined.

I am on Zoloft for this and it really helps however unexpected visits etc can still leave me shaking with nervous energy.

Wow I sound like a nutter lol.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to austmum For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by austmum View Post
    I have social anxiety and I stress about making friends, if my friends like me, if I looked or sounded stupid last time we talked etc... I worry about upcoming social events that usually turn out to be nowhere near as bad as I imagined.

I am on Zoloft for this and it really helps however unexpected visits etc can still leave me shaking with nervous energy.

Wow I sound like a nutter lol.
    If you're a nutter then so am i..lol. I have social anxiety as well. I stress about all those things you listed and many more... It sucks!
    I'm forever stressed. I haven't been sleeping of late because those stress levels have reached a new high.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    That sounds like me too!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by HarvestMoon View Post
    If you're a nutter then so am i..lol. I have social anxiety as well. I stress about all those things you listed and many more... It sucks!
    I'm forever stressed. I haven't been sleeping of late because those stress levels have reached a new high.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub
    Im the same

Sent from my U8510 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I stress beyond belief.
    I have shocking self esteem which makes me question my judgement and my life in general.
    DH said to me just last night he thinks I will never ever be truly happy.
    Very depressing thought. Can't ever remember a time I didn't "stress".
    I'm neurotic and totally cool with that. But I would like to "stress less".
    Last edited by faroutbrusselsprout; 09-07-2012 at 14:13.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to faroutbrusselsprout For This Useful Post:

Purple Lily  (09-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's nice to know I am not alone but how awful there are so many dealing with this every day I used to think I would grow out of it and now I am 30 and it's not going away. Hugs to you all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I rarely stress. If a problem arises i'll stress for a bit then am over it. Or sometimes i will stress if i have 10 things on at once but I dont constantly stress about everything no

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by austmum View Post
    It's nice to know I am not alone but how awful there are so many dealing with this every day I used to think I would grow out of it and now I am 30 and it's not going away. Hugs to you all.
    Oh my god! Same! I was hoping that 30 would just make it all disappear an I would be so "cool" with life.