+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi all I went to the doctor the other day and got a referal to have his hearing checked. The appointment is next Thursday. The doctor said if his hearing is fine speech therapy at his age is not 100% effective as his concentration levels are low. He has been trying to sing alot more. He sings the tune ( not words ) to "twinkle twinkle little star".

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Speech Delay??

Quote Originally Posted by starla View Post
    We have been talking to him alot more even if its just silly things like putting away things etc etc... He points at everything!!! We have alot of framed baby photos and photos from our wedding he loves looking and pointing at them. We always ask him where is mummy and daddy? He just points to the photo. If we pick the photo up and hand it to him he will place his cheek on the photo (his way of kissing lol)

He has been walking since he was 11 months old and recently we have noticed every now and then at home when excited and running around he will walk on his tip toes. He doesnt do this all the time mainly when happy. I have researched and most say its normal behaviour.

I feel like Im becoming paranoid that something is wrong with him.
    PLEASE get the tip toe walking looked at and dont take no for answers and told they will out grow it, my son is almost 8 and now needs surgery on his legs that require muscle lengthening and casting. His spine is also affected and he cannot stand straight.

His started as a happy habit and is now full time toe walking.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahjong View Post
    PLEASE get the tip toe walking looked at and dont take no for answers and told they will out grow it, my son is almost 8 and now needs surgery on his legs that require muscle lengthening and casting. His spine is also affected and he cannot stand straight.

His started as a happy habit and is now full time toe walking.
    I mentioned this to the doctor she didnt seem to worried as he hardly does this. He might do it once a day for a couple of steps if that. Some days he doesnt do it at all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    OK. Just keep an eye on it. Im so angry at medical professionals for fobbing me off for years about my DS. It's going to be a long 12 months and I would hate to see another parent go through it.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Speech Delay??

We went and had DS hearing checked today. The woman doing the test thinks he could have some hearing loss due to his middle ear having fluid. We have to go back in a few weeks for a repeat test. Will update after the next appt.