+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    We split evenly unless there's a big discrepancy (i.e. one couple drink a bottle of wine and the other only has water), then we do it separately. Although it'd be more like:

total was $100, wine was $20 so one pays $40, the other $60. Meh. We round everything up to make it easier though. We're pretty easy going though and more often than not, someone just offers to cover the whole thing, and next time we do the same!

AndrewTheEmu is offline Bubhub Ambassador - tongue in cheek
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I just pay for what I've ordered. Especially if out with a big group.

Ive been in situations were I've only had $20 to spend and ordered accordingly, then had the host (who had ordered bread, seafood and wine) try to split the check. It's not always fair.

If DH and I are out with another couple, sharing wine & entrees etc then we split.

I guess it depends more on what were having. If everyones sharing (banquette style) we would split.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by shelle65 View Post
    In most situations I pay for what I ordered but round it up a bit to cover any shortfall/tip.
    I do the same.

Theophania is offline 'see what had happened was..there were these three ninjas and a blue monkey and well it really wasn't my fault..'
    Thanks
    Reviews
    We just pay for what we had. If I had more drinks or an entree when others didn't I would feel weird splitting it down the middle.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Depends who we're with. If it's close friends of if I'm out with one of my girlfriends, we just take turns in paying, it all evens out in the end.

If it's a big group we'd pay for what we ordered. I always round up though and always cover things like starters in full as we eat a lot haha

Thanks
    Reviews
    We tend to just pay for what we ordered but I always round up for a tip or if we are a bit short. We usually get an itemized bill which has what everyone's ordered to calculate it.

If all the items are around the same amount or we all shared the food, we all put in equal amounts. I've never had a big deal.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    When I'm out with a group of people we just look at the menu, find out much the item and drinks are and put that amount in the middle. Never had a drama yet...

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I'll go: my entree was 14 and main was 24 plus 2 glasses of wine/half a bottle (if i split a bottle with someone) that's 18, so 55 plus 5 for a tip and round it up to $65 for good measure in case someone undercalculated. If it means i've paid $5-$10 more than i should then who cares. Most of my friends do this so we always end up with far too big a tip. Then you have to go around the table and make whoever put in far too much 'fess up and take some change but it works fine because if i'm really skint i can just put exactly what i owe and no-one's going to care as there's plenty to cover everyone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We tend to use the code 'what's everyone going to have? Will we have entrees and mains or just mains and dessert?' and go with the general consensus. That tends to make sure it works out fairly evenly.

If someone says 'I'm just going to have soup and water' then that is generally code for 'I don't want to spend a ton of money so let's all just pay for our own'.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NancyBlackett For This Useful Post:

Bluest Blue Box  (09-07-2012),share a book  (09-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    If its family someone will generally pay for everyone, one time us another time someone else. With close friends we usually do a quick add up of what we had (try to remember pricing from menu) and the money goes to whoever is going up to pay and with not so close friends, we pay for what we had.