+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default How do you split restaurant bills?

Just curious if we are normal or not! We went out Saturday night for Thai with SIL/BIL and their friends for her birthday, ( never been to a restaurant with this group before) we normally just split the bill but these guys got out the calculator and started arguing over how many drinks they all had! It was actually getting embarrassing at the end and i was secretly glad we didn't go to a restaurant where we were known! So how do you split bills with your friends?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Some we split down the middle but if the other party or us have had more drinks than we take that into consideration. We definitely dont haggle over it!!

Some places when you pay when you leave we just tell them what we've had and pay that

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would normally just add what I ordered or me and partner/ kids and add up the total....give the money to whoever goes up and pays for the actual bill... Or I add it up go up to the counter tell them what I had ordered and pay that way...

Sent from my HTC One X using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    With friends we regularly go out with we either split it evenly (halves if two couples, thirds if three couples etc) or take turns to pay the whole bill.

But I went out recently with a big group of people and it was split down to individual meals. I don't mind doing it that way - especially if everyone is in different financial circumstances or had significantly different priced meals, but it always seems to end up short.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We pay for ours, they pay for theirs.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chocolate All Gone Now For This Useful Post:

beccacino  (09-07-2012),PurpleButterfly4  (09-07-2012),twotrunks  (09-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    We usually split it amongst however many people are there. If someone has ordered a large amount of drinks they usually pay a bit more. We have yet to have any problems. I too would've been moritifed if that happened to me....

Buttoneska is offline Winner 2010- Most Community Minded Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    With my MIL her husband caculates everything down to the cent pretty much.

With everyone else we just divide between the number of ppl

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    We just split it down the middle or ask for separate bills

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We just divide it up and all pay an equal share. Regardless. But, we generally go out with friends who order/drink similar amounts etc and of it happens that one or more are preggo or not drinking for whatever reason, we don't care - figure it all works out eventually

When we go out with my in laws, they are in a significantly different financial position to us and we always go to a pub so that everyone just pays for their meal/drinks as they order.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We pay for what we had and everyone else does the same. Most of the time a bit extra has been thrown in cos meals never equal $20 or $50 so there's a small tip.