+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by share a book View Post
    I use the slow cooker often, so get it on by 8am at the latest. Trying a different approach now and cooking all our meals on a Sunday. I write the day on top then freeze.
    That is so organized I would do that but I find when things go in the freezer they never come out in this house.

Lately I have been really into soup and so will make one and it lasts for about 2 days.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Thermolicious View Post
    I time it for a 5pm sit down, usually 4:15-4:30. Tis easy coz thermy does most of the work
    I so want a thermomix and plan on getting one in the next 2 months. I guess then dinner will be much easier and not as much time needed at that awful time of the night if I haven't been organized enough to prepare it in the morning.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I start cooking around 5-5:30 so the kids are all fed and bathed before 7pm!!
    We usually sit down to eat around 6-6:30ish depending on what I'm cooking etc
    If we aren't feeling hungry from a late lunch or whatever we feed the kids at the normal time and just eat later

Thanks
    Reviews
    Whenever I can! Usually in spurts once DH gets home from work and can take DD. Ideally I would get it done during DD's afternoon nap but lately she's been refusing to have one. Also this plan goes out the window on days when we have something on in the afternoon, which is often.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    On one is the days my toddler is in daycare I cook 4-5 meals and freeze them. That way on days I have activities I just defrost and make either rice/pasta, dessert for hubby and a salad sometime but usually in the mornings. I also do my weekly baking then too. Batch of biscuits/ a slice/ cake. On my home days I cook in the morning during dd2 first nap.

My baby cluster feeds 3-6pm so I dont like to have any work to do then.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Usually around 4.30. We generally eat at 5 or just after so i time it for then.

Becks23 is offline thank you for a house full of people I love. Amen
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Usually 5 unless it is something that requires lots of time eg roast.
    Now winter is here the slow cooker will be getting a bit of a work out.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Thermolicious View Post
    I time it for a 5pm sit down, usually 4:15-4:30. Tis easy coz thermy does most of the work
    I still hardly use mine for mains - what meal do you cook most often thermy?

I usually cook at 4.30/5 and we eat at 6. Dinner doesn't take that long but I do the prepping then unless it's done during nap.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Usually start prepping about 4.30pm depending on what we are having, we eat when DH gets home between 6.30-7

Thanks
    Reviews
    I start at 5 and we eat any where between 5.30 and 6.30 usually closer to 5.30 though. Today i was organised and have dinner in the slow cooker though so it will be ready at about 5.15. I love to use the slow cooker and get it on first thing in the morning but it only happens if the food i want to cook is defrosted.

People with a thermomix what do u actually cook in it for dinner??