+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    I want a lemonade tree! Do they grow well in Sydney's climate do you think?

Yes they would. I bought a dwarf lemonade fruit tree for $35.. awesome if you live in a flat/unit.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to HarvestMoon For This Useful Post:

rainbow road  (09-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbow road View Post
    I want a lemonade tree! Do they grow well in Sydney's climate do you think?
    I would say yes They love cold weather.We live in the whitsundays and our do so well. So I am sure right now they would love sydney. They arent that expensive $25 from bunnings but they produce even at a small tree size and they are delicious. I bought one for my mum who lives in the mountains near brisbane and it gets minus 0 and hers love it.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to 1CrazyMoose For This Useful Post:

rainbow road  (09-07-2012)

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I'm getting one.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Ok i will bite.

I have never heard of a lemonade fruit tree? Does it grow lemons that are good for making lemonade?

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I work in the public service so my job is very secure. Like Benji, we get busier when times are tough. I'm going on mat leave though so that doesn't really mean squat.

DP works in the construction industry in a fairly "fluffy" design capacity, so often his compontent is the first that's sliced out of projects. They have 4 people in his team and he is probably the most valuable (earns less than his boss but has around the same experience) so he would be the last to go, I'd imagine. But it is a possibility. An even stronger possibility would be they would tell him he had to move to the Perth or Adelaide office, and that scares the hell outta me.

We have a fairly decent cushion of savings, and live well below our means at the moment (trying to pay off the mortgage quicker) so i guess we could go a bit more hand to mouth for a while if need be.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by rainbow road View Post
    I'm getting one.
    Oh and they are very vibrant, lovely green colour and they aren't messy. Only negative though is that they have thorns (little one while little, but rather big when the plant is of a large tree size)

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnyflower View Post
    Ok i will bite.

I have never heard of a lemonade fruit tree? Does it grow lemons that are good for making lemonade?
    Yes, it's a hybrid tree. The fruit is sweeter and can be eaten off the tree or juiced and diluted with water. Mmmm.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am on a contract until end of january, it probably won't be extended as the job will be over and there will be 40 people in the same position.

I have three savings accounts - one for DD, one for bills and one for general savings.

I am paying $500 extra on my mortgage each fortnight and throwing as much as I can into each savings account. It makes me feel better seeing certain amounts set aside for DD's expenses and bills - that way I know I have enough for school uniforms, excursions etc and enough to cover the bills for 6 months, being ahead on my mortgage and car loan I will survive for a while if I don't find another job straight away.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Might have to get one, yummy!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnyflower View Post
    Ok i will bite.

Lol they are great for making lemonade They aren't sour more sweet but not to sweet. similar to bush lemon. Or a lemon/lime without the same sour taste. Hard to explain but soooooo yummy I just had some to water and its very refreshing