+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Morning Sickness cures

My first pregnancy was pretty bad with sickness. I left work one day and didn't return for 6 weeks. I still wasn't well but could stand and move around then.
    My second pregnancy I got sick at 5.5 weeks and threw up all day every day till he was born and even a few times after he was born.
    I'm now 6 weeks (hoping this one will progress as a few others havn't) and have some sickness creeping in stronger each day. I tried the medication from the doctor but it didn't help last time. Neither did ginger tablets or vitamin B.

Was wondering if anyone knew of any vitamins or recipes that might help?

My eldest was very affected when I got very sick last time and I really want to try giving him as normal days as possible this time.

Thanks everyone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I started throwing up at 5 weeks, am now 12 weeks and it still hasn't stopped. I also tried prescription meds, ginger, wrist travel bands, dry biscuits, b6, Herbal teas. Nothing is working.
    My dr has said just to have fluid in small sips, the amount of saliva that you would swallow at a time. She said not to worry about food, have the vitamins and juice/water.
    I found some Preggie pops on line (can't remember the website but if you google it you will find it). They are sour hard Lollies, they seem to ease the throwing up.
    Hope you fun something that works or you

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Natskyn For This Useful Post:

natct  (09-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was the same I got ms at 5.5 weeks with my first and was sick and bed ridden till about 20+ weeks then was able to get on with it but still threw up everyday till i gave birth I'm on my second pregnancy at 33 weeks in and I got sick at about 6 weeks this time same as the last pregnancy and the only thing that helped was zofran was taking it till 24 weeks it's much stronger and more $$ then your normal nausea meds but soooooo many pregnant women are using it just to get through there day im now just using maxalon and still vomit each morning, Maybe if all else fails try that, I found that iron in my elevit made me feel worse too

5. The Following User Says Thank You to liss88 For This Useful Post:

natct  (09-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks guys I will check those things out. I'm feeling sicker today and think today might be the day I start throwing up. I was hoping I'd get to enjoy a pregnancy but if I get as sick as last time it's not much fun.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not much fun at all! Worse when there are other little ones around to look after as well I know I found it harder the second time round with a toddler running around I was so tired and just wanted to rest all the time! Fingers crossed its not to bad for you

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Berocca (I liked the orange flavored one).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Agree with the zofran. Maxolon didn't work for me and it makes me so drowsy for some reason. Many docs and pharmacists don't like giving it out to preg women but it worked so good for me. I wasn't happy about taking meds whilst pregnant but it was that or be in the hospital every few days on a drip! I could actually keep water down! Good luck, its horrible

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm still trying everything I can but everything seems to upset my stomach. At least I'm still standing this time.