+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Ideas for 20 month old

What's some new ideas for breakfast and lunch for my 20 month old? He eats anything but I feel like I am feeding him the same thing everyday - weetbix/fruit and sandwiches.
    I am all for making food so cooking doesn't bother me I just want some new ideas

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Subbing I so need help with this DS doesn't eat sandwiches

Thanks
    Reviews
    How about a zucchini slice? I make a big batch and freeze it in individual portions, it's great hot or cold too. You can probably make similar things but mix it up with different veggies and meat (canned tuna etc).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Other breakfast ideas- porridge, egg based dishes like frittata, quiche, omelette, zucchini slice, scrambled eggs, Bircher muesli, yoghurt and fruit (stewed, fresh or canned) with a sprinkling of muesli on the top.
    Snack ideas- raw celery and carrot sticks, raw beans and snow peas with hummous or avocado dip, cheese and crackers, smoothies.
    Lunch ideas- wraps, sushi, plate of cut salad- cubes of cheese and avocado, tin corn, strips of ham, veggie sticks, halved cherry tomatoes, beetroot, etc
    At 20 months you may need to offer new foods a few times before they are tried and eaten.
    HTH

Thanks
    Reviews
    my 20month old for snacks and/or lunch likes hommus on corn cakes, home made wholemeal pizza & veg muffins, veg soups, bowl of cheese cubes fruit and crackers ( like a mixed platter) , pita bread with chicken and avocado, fruit toast

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh and toasted sangers which u can put anything in!

Thanks
    Reviews
    we are very big on egg here so this morning we had scrambled eggs with parsley and cheese and tomorrow it will be with capsicum, baby spinach and mushroom.

for lunch we are having tuna mornay with lots of veiges. i'm having trouble getting dd2 to eat dinner so now we are trying to have vegies at most meals lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I second eggs for brekky - I just made 20 month old DS a 2 egg pancake with tomato, basil and feta , cut into strips and he feeds himself or yesterday was pancake day so we just made homemade banana pancakes ( no sugar)

Lunches are normally left over dinners but today I'm at home so making him some fresh salmon nuggets ( salmon, rice,peas,corn,chia seeds, 1 egg rolled in rice crumbs) and he luckily likes salad so I usually make him a plate of olives, tomato, cucumber and cheese
    Those little chicken drummettes are also a good idea ( baked in tamari and maple or honey) , mini meatballs, falafel , mountain bread wraps toasted are easier for toddlers to hold

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    I second eggs for brekky - I just made 20 month old DS a 2 egg pancake with tomato, basil and feta , cut into strips and he feeds himself or yesterday was pancake day so we just made homemade banana pancakes ( no sugar)

Lunches are normally left over dinners but today I'm at home so making him some fresh salmon nuggets ( salmon, rice,peas,corn,chia seeds, 1 egg rolled in rice crumbs) and he luckily likes salad so I usually make him a plate of olives, tomato, cucumber and cheese
    Those little chicken drummettes are also a good idea ( baked in tamari and maple or honey) , mini meatballs, falafel , mountain bread wraps toasted are easier for toddlers to hold
    Sounds great Thankyou! The salmon nuggets - do you lightly fry or oven bake?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ShanandBoc View Post
    my 20month old for snacks and/or lunch likes hommus on corn cakes, home made wholemeal pizza & veg muffins, veg soups, bowl of cheese cubes fruit and crackers ( like a mixed platter) , pita bread with chicken and avocado, fruit toast

Thankyou interested in the whole meal muffins can you please share the receipe?