View Poll Results: Do you have gay relatives or close friends that see your kids a lot?

Voters
51. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yep, I am gay

1 1.96%
  • Yep, we have family members or close friends who are gay

35 68.63%
  • No, we have family members, but we don't ever see them/it's not talked about

0 0%
  • No, we don't have any close relationships with anyone who is gay

12 23.53%
  • other

3 5.88%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    OJandMe is offline I am the strength my children will have.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default *spinoff* how many of us have direct family members or close friends who are gay?

How many people on here have gay family members or friends who their kids see a lot of and have a good relationship with...

it would be interesting to see how many families are actually experiencing positive homosexual relationships as models to the kids in the bunch..

In my family I have a cousin on each side who are both in lesbian partnerships. My cousin on my Mum's side (who's also one of my best friends) is actually flying to the USA to get married to her fiancee in October... SO FREAKING EXCITED for them!!

So I guess in our family the boys are pretty aware that people choose their partners based on how they feel about them, not on gender...

rainbow road is offline look at the stars, look how they shine for you
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Well obviously I am gay so my kids will be used to it but my little brothers see that regularly. When they first met my DP they thought it was 'weird' but they adore her, and the eldest often tells his peers off if they say "that's gay!" about something they don't like

So is my best friend who works at their school, so they see her and her girl regularly, too.

My great-aunt is also gay

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rainbow road For This Useful Post:

brownsugar  (08-07-2012),Gandalf  (09-07-2012),OJandMe  (08-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yep, lots of people around us, they all work in childcare or education exceptone who has an office job now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yep me. He is My first housemate, great friend from highschool and sons fave babysitter. He is awesome. Came out of the closet at only 14 too and introduced me to gay clubs when we first started going out. Really love him and so does dp. He moved to Melbourne recently to be with his boyfriend and I really miss him

Sent from my HTC Desire S using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    My property manager at work ( a friend not just an employee known him for 20 years) DS sees him maybe 2-3 times a week and he is always invited to our parties/birthdays etc , and my sisters best friend ( also my and DH and DS hairdresser) is gay and we see him at least once a month , I'm glad DS will grow up knowing these men are "normal" , unlike when my then 8 year old niece was introduced to my property manager and his boyfriend she said to him " boys can't have boyfriends that's impossible" her mum was mortified!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have a very close friend who is gay but does not currently (or has ever had to my knowledge) have a female partner. We do not see her regularly though.

I also have friends, not close who are gay. Again would not see regularly.

I will endeavor to educate my little girl to all types of relationships.

Thanks
    Reviews
    my besty is gay

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    I gave two female friends who are both gay. See them lots. And a male friend who I don't see often who is also gay.

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    My uncle and one of my brothers are gay. Uncle has no partner and brother is only just 18 and has just broken up with his first boyfriend, so no close gay couples. I'm sure (i hope, for his sake) my brother will have a long term partner one day, and possibly have kids of his own.
    We've made sure from the get go that we don't assume DS will turn out to be heterosexual when he grows up. Instead of talking about 'when he has a girlfriend' we'll say something like 'when he starts dating'

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710a using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    My son has a half sister to a my best friends who are a gay couple. DH was a sperm donor for them

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kk88 For This Useful Post:

OJandMe  (08-07-2012),WorkingClassMum  (08-07-2012)